Ares and Lana

AU where Natalie doesn't kill her brother and he becomes high lord of winter and Lana isn't killed in the explosion and becomes one of Artemis's hands

Natalie, Zachary, Lela (who isn't really mentioned) and Ares are my ocs
Artemis and Lana are HighLadyOfStupidity 's
Meira is GreyEyedDork 's

Oki let's gooooo
______________________________________

Ares PoV:

Damn she's hot.
The sound of my siblings sniggering behind me tells me I didn't just think that, i said it out loud. Nice going Ares. Luckily neither the High Lady or either of her hands heard me and if they did they didn't comment on it. Which was nice of them.

Lady Artemis waved us over and we did formalities and shit. As you do. It was awkward as hell and Natalie kept looking between me and Lana and smirking. She can shut up, she hasn't even spoken to Camelia since they bumped into each other, realised they were mates and then she ran. Like a coward.

~skip the meeting cuz nothing important or exciting happenssss~

Artemis offered to let us stay at her castle for the night which was great for two reasons. The first one being that Natalie is an absolute bitch when she's tired and I really don't wanna deal with that all the way home. The second was obviously it gave me a chance to talk to Lana. Chances are I wouldn't escape teasing for that but it'll be worth it. Hopefully.

Following directions from various maids, I managed to get about half way to her room before realising I didn't have anything to give her. You're supposed to like give the person something if you're about to ask them out, right? I awkwardly hovered there for a few moments, thinking, before face palming at myself and creating a small bouquet of flowers out of ice. That should be good enough.

It was going fine until I rounded a corner and walked directly into the spymaster herself, Meira. I recognised her, she'd begged my father for the antidote to silver breath and he'd refused like the little piece of shit he is. I'd helped her steal it and attempted to make the execution of her mother slightly better. I don't think she recognised me however, if she did she clearly didn't like me all that much which fair enough in all honesty. Or she was like Natalie and just didn't like anyone. She nodded to me which I think was supposed to be respectful, I was more concerned about getting to Lana's room. Just down this hallway if my instructions were correct.

They were! There was a door exactly where the maid said it would be and after knocking and waiting a few minutes, the door opened to reveal a slightly surprised looking Lana standing there.

"I uh these are for you," I held the ice flowers out to her, successfully managing not to hit her with them. Something I'd watched Zachary do on more than one occasion.

She took them carefully, examining them before looking at me again and smiling softly. "Thank you," she leaned against the doorway and smirked at me. "I heard you think I'm hot."

(AN: I was tempted to just leave it here)

So she had heard. I could feel my face becoming red, as I tried to come up with a response. I ended up just shrugging and nodding, going for the casual approach y'know. Might have been slightly more effective if I hadn't been looking like a tomato. She laughs at me and looks me up and down a few times.

"You're not so bad yourself High Lord."

"Uh thanks," I smiled slightly, starting to regain confidence. "I originally came here to ask if you wanted to go out some time, maybe?"

To my surprise, she nods. "Friday work for you?" I nodded quickly and she smiled, stepping forward and kissing me very swiftly. It was over before I had a chance to react and she was going back to her room.

"Till then High Lord," she grins at me and the door shuts.

Fuck what Natalie says, I decided as I walked back to my room. At least I have to guts to ask out pretty girls.