Max- Waving through a window

I've learned to slam on the brake

She'd told her mother she was staying at a friends house for the night. It's not like Megan cared, she had her new fiancé over.

Before I even turn the key

Climbing into the taxi she'd called, Max looked back at the entrance to the school and silently thanked whatever God was up there that she never had to go back. They'd been about to expel her anyway, apparently people being bigots wasnt a good enough reason to send them to hospital.

Before I make the mistake

She wasnt meant to happen, megan had made it perfectly clear she was a mistake. Max never understood why she didnt just leave her with her dad if she hated her so much. Apparently her dad hadn't wanted her either, regardless she was about to find out.

Before I lead with the worst of me

The taxi driver finished loading her bags into the boot and got in the front, driving off. She'd already payed and told him where to go.

Give them no reason to stare

People had always stared at her. After teachers labelling her as 'disruptive' and whatever she'd always made a point to be as annoying as possible in class. They hated her but she never cared, she hated them back.

No slipping up if you slip away

But she hated herself the most. Few people really looked past the cockiness and the obscure clothing and the attitude as her mother called it to see what she was really like.

So I got nothing to share

So she stopped showing people what she was really like. The act became her entire personality. And she hated it.

No, I got nothing to say

But what worked, worked. People didnt bother her so she never got targeted by bullies. But she was lonely as well, but used to it. She just stopped talking to people and went from 'annoying' to just 'weird'.

Step out, step out of the sun

They drove past her old dance studio and she deliberately looked the other way. Dance had always been a huge part of her life, the only thing really keeping her sane but she wasn't going back there anymore.

If you keep getting burned

She knew they were nearly out of town when they reached the small church her mom had dragged her to every Sunday. She'd confided in a friend there about her questioning her sexuality once and the next week had been approached by the pastor. Needless to say, she never spoke to that friend again.

Step out, step out of the sun

And then they were on the motorway, speeding along. It had started raining at some point, typical English weather, but she didnt mind. She'd always liked the rain. Another thing people called her weird for.

Because you've learned, because you've learned

She'd learned a lot, she supposed, putting her earphones in and playing her music. The most important lesson was that no one was ever kind without an alter motive.

On the outside, always looking in

She always felt detached from other children. In year six she got a boyfriend to try prove to herself that she was normal but it didnt feel right- the hand holding, the kissing, the probably false 'I love you's.

Will I ever be more than I've always been?

She knew the kids at her school would never see her as more than the labels she'd been given.

'Cause I'm tap, tap, tapping on the glass

After noticing the driver giving her annoyed looks in the rearview mirror she quickly stopped tapping her fingers against the glass and looked back down at her lap, falling silent.

I'm waving through a window

They finally arrived at the airport and she stuffed her phone in her pocket before grabbing her bag and awkwardly waving to the driver as she rushed inside. Constantly checking over her shoulder.

I try to speak, but nobody can hear

Airport security was a blur, she went through it weirdly fast, answering questions, getting her bag weighed and her passport checked.

So I wait around for an answer to appear

Before she knew it, she was sitting on a bench with her bag on her lap. Just waiting around for her plane to appear. The main part of her journey to answers about her family. They were so close yet so far.

While I'm watch, watch, watching people pass

She sighed to herself and put her earphones back in before sitting back and looking around. Just watching people pass.

I'm waving through a window, oh

Eventually the plane comes and she joins the queue to board it, showing her pass and going to her seat silently.

Can anybody see, is anybody waving back at me?

A stranger sat down next to her and she put headphones in, staring iut the window. Ready to start a new life, away from her old home and her toxic mom.

-----------------------------------------------------------
May continue another day with the rest of the song but for now, heres Max.