Shain, Rufus...and Keith?

3rd POV

....

"...."

"...."

"...."

"Well, nice to see you guys know each other's names!" Rufus laughs. Both Shain and Keith blush, getting the idea they got it wrong.

Rufus goes over to Shain and Keith and pats their heads. "It's okay, you did good. Shain, this is Keith, and Keith this is Shain. I hope we can all get acquainted this evening!" Rufus exclaims.

Both agree and they walk over to the dinner table.

Keith's POV

...God...that was embarrassing! He has told me about Shain several times so how did I forget that one moment! Ughhhhh! Definitely crying on the inside, sigh.

Shain's POV

Welp, rip his name. But hey, I did a good job according to d—Rufus! So whatever. Keekee, Keith, whatever. HAHAHA!

Rufus's POV

These guys, smh. We sat down and started eating. But Keith's face says he is somewhat embarrassed and Shain's face says he conquered the world.

I...

I am resigning from knowing who these guys are, so don't come to me saying why they're weird. They're just perfect strangers to me. Yes, that's right. I nod to myself.

Keith looks at me and I look back. He starts blushing and looks away...

Huuuuh? Yeah, it was a bit embarrassing but he doesn't have to blush while looking at me???

Shain's POV

I...I just saw the action between Rufus and Keith...

Keith is totally crushing on Rufus! Oh my god! I start fangirlboying on them! Ruith or Kefus! They would totally make a good couple!

Rufus looks at me and I give him a thumbs up. Unfortunate this isn't a date for them, but they'll get there!

Rufus's POV

TOTALLY CONFUSED.

First Keith and now Shain. What in the world is going on? Shain gave me a thumbs up, but to what??

These guys.

I decide to continue eating.

3rd POV

Shain feels that maybe he is more relaxed than these two idiots at the table with him, so he decides to start asking questions.

"So, tell me about yourself, Keith? I'll do the same. I just want to have a more relaxed atmosphere~" Shain smiles. Keith smiles back, grateful to him for trying to get things started.

"Well, my name is Keith Retter and I'm 26 almost 27 years old. I am a detective, Rufus's partner, and I am from New York."

Shain wiggles his eyebrows and dares to say, "Rufus's partner~ I'm sure you would like that in a different setting, hmm?" "Shain..." Keith whispers, blushing. He has been found out and doesn't want it to be said before he can confess. "Don't worry, I'm hush hush," Shain whispers back.

Rufus looks at both of them, totally hearing what they whispered. He doesn't know what it's about but he knows these two are definitely idiots. He nods.

Shain coughs, "well, my name is Shain. I've no idea of my last name. I suspect I'm 24 or so. I am from an alley, born and raised I think. Or as much as I remember. I have no job but I used to be a criminal."

Rufus coughs. Shain needs to hold off on spilling about being a criminal before. Keith knows but not everyone will be as understanding!

Keith chuckles, knowing exactly what Rufus coughed about. They'll have to teach Shain a few more things.

Shain disregarded that, deciding to eat more food. Whenever Rufus coughs, he knows he said something wrong but whatever. They can fix it later.

There is small talk after that, mostly Keith and Rufus speaking about a recent case and giving comments on it. Shain just listens and waits for when they speak to him.

Keith's POV

The feeling of wanting to confess to Rufus is strong. I have no idea why I suddenly want to tell him. I could lose him in every way. As my job partner, as my friend, as my crush, everything! I can't do it. But I feel Shain somehow gave me courage, though he didn't say anything. Maybe it was just his lively presence?? Ugh.

3rd POV

Knock knock.

Everyone jumps at hearing a knock at the door.

"Whatever happened to the doorbell?" All three say in unison. They stare at each other in surprise and then laugh after.

"Excuse me. Hopefully it's not my mother again, cause her timing is so off," Rufus chuckles, getting up to get the door.

Shain and Keith watch from the table.