7

"So Blue... Who gifted you the White Wolf?" Shiro asked. "Glad you asked." 

"But since I'm a lazy shit who just woke up from cryo sleep about three days ago, I'll have Allura tell the story."  Blue said chuckling as she kicked her feet up to the back of Lance's chair.  Lance grumbled and leaned back.  "Well.  During Altea's scouting missions, my father found Airia by accident.  He missed the wrong planet and accidentally traveled less light years than he was supposed to.  The planet he was suppose to go to was Azkun.  He had prior knowledge of the Azkunian people, but then when he tried interacting with the tribes, he freaked out since the tribes shifted in front of him.  He accidentally stumbled into this game, Blue?  It was like Intiuk games?  Or the Intiook games?"  Allura asked.  "The Intiak games.  God, those were the days"  Blue laughed slapping her forehead.  "Anyways, continuing on, the Airian council welcomed my father with open arms when he accidentally brought his provisions and they thought it was a gift for them.  So each tribe taught my father their ways and customs, and when it was time for him to return to Altea, the last day he stayed, the Airian council and my father enacted an alliance together.  When Zarkon heard about the new profound alliance, and heard of the stories and power that the Airians had, Zarkon manipulated my father and my people to build machines for the Airian people the same of how my father built the Lions."  Allura sighed.  "Wow...  So depending on the tribe, the Altean people built the same animal mechas?"  Keith asked.  "Well our people made in total, 8.  Each tribe was gifted two mech's.  The mech's were of course based on each of the Airia's tribes.  My father was beginning to suspect Zarkon's betrayal, and made at least one of the gifted mech's to be Voltron's weapons."  Allura said.  

"Wait, wait, wait.  The war was a few years after Blue was born.  Surely you weren't of age when you became pilot of the White Wolf?  I mean no offense by the way Blue."  Shiro asked, shaking his head.  "Well.  Time works differently on each planet.  Most are the same time.  Some are faster.  Others are slower.  Simply in my planet, our time is longer.  One day of your human time feels like a 3 weeks on Airia.  You won't even feel the difference that it's long.  So when I was born, our family was honored to have the White Wolf.  It was passed down to the first born or only child who could prove they were strong in the Intiak Games."  Blue said looking at the flickering fire.  "My father.  Grandmother.  Great great grandmother, and my Great great great grandfather were honored to hold the White Wolf and become one of the galaxies protectors.".  "Wait, so what happens if let's say, you lost the Intiak Games.  Would the White Wolf be in another's bloodline?"  Lance asked.  "Well.  The Intiak Games has many purposes.  Mainly to have a good time between clans, if it's the Arranged year, then for marriage purposes, chances for the council to look for apprentices, but also a chance for those to challenge the family who holds the mecha's."  Blue said imagining the Games happening in the flames.  "So... did you get challenged?"  Keith asked looking at Blue across the flames.  "I was challenged one too many times.  There were rumors that each time a bloodline passes their mecha in the same family, the pilot is weaker than the next.  And since I was a part of an arranged marriage, those who challenged me thought I was weak.  What they didn't know, was my parents trained me of the fighting styles of both tribes.  I twisted some tweaks to make it work, but in the end I triumphed.".  "Wow.  Is that were you got your scars?" Hunk asked.  "Yes and no.  Minor injuries from the Games, but I love getting bruised up from a challenge.  It's a reminder and memory in my eyes.".  Blue said looking down seeing some of her scars on her hands.  

"So...  How did the tribes name each mecha?  Surely your mecha didn't get branded as the White Wolf when Allura's father gifted it to Airia."  Pidge asked up looking up from her journal.  "Heh...  Well, the thing is we noticed each mecha was white and black.  What is it you humans called?  Yang Yin?  Yang Yang?"  Blue asked looking at the group.  "Haha, you're talking about Yin and Yang."  Shiro laughed.  "And let me fill in the hole, your people basically called your counterpart the Black Wolf?"  Keith asked.  "Well yes.  In my tribal case it was the Black and White Wolf.  We really weren't the most creative with names.  The pilot of the Black Wolf was my friend.  My only friend really.  He understood the burden we had of being the galaxies protectors.  He wasn't friends with for the fame.  Or using me as a protection plate."  Blue said looking down.  "Well in anyways. Allura, you can continue."  Blue said closing her eyes.  "Anyways, when the war between Zarkon and Altea happened, it was rumored that Zarkon offered the Airian council to join him.  Airia refused and fought with Altea.  I think Blue, you might want to fill us in, since I was in the castle for the remainder of the war."  Allura says crossing her arms and raising her eyebrow.  The gang could feel the tension between the two as they had to keep going back in forth of filling the gang in.  Blue opened her eyes and sighed.  "Alright.  Well, we know any war is brutal.  Some of Airia's best shifters fought on the grounds of Altea.  Some of the mecha's were present at the war.  Only two were absent since they were helping another galaxy fight another being.  I don't know the details on those.  But I do know that King Alfor promised to form Voltron so all the Airian pilots could form Voltron's weapons.  But he didn't uphold his promise."  Anger and shock were painted across Allura's face when Blue said this.  

"Now hold on, my father said nothing of the sort."  Allura said standing up to her.  "Your father meant not to tell you.  When he heard of the fate of the Lions, he hid them.  I lost friends and my family in that war.  And the rumors were true.  I went to the heart of the Galra.  And I challenged Zarkon himself with my mecha.  I destroyed the ship and was finally at peace that I would be doing it for the chance that maybe my people and your people would win.  But before I thought I died, I saw that Altea fell.  And when I was floating around space, I was surrounded with the screams of my dying people, and family.  That was when I blacked out and landed in your Earth."  Blue said standing up to Allura over the fire with some of her hair on her neck standing.  "Blue...  I'm terrible sorry.  I didn't know.  My father pushed Coran and I into the cryo cells before I could see the outcome of the war.  I'm sorry."  Allura said looking down.  "No you're right.  I should've gotten the vibes that I was being a total dickwad."  Blue said.  "Well, I think that's enough stories for tonight.  I'm gonna turn in" Lance said getting up and walking to the Red Lion.  "Yep.  I think this is enough excitement from stories for tonight.  Besides, we need to bring Blue back to Home Base so we can figure out what we're gonna do."  Shiro said standing up and dusting off crumbs from the dinner he ate.  "Yes, well good night."  Blue said walking to Luna.  Allura looked behind her and watch Blue walk in to her mecha.  "Night everybody."  Keith said walking with Shiro.  Allura looked around and went to Blue's mecha.  

"Blue?  May I come in?"  The mecha then opened it's bay doors and allowed Allura to walk in.  Blue was lying down on her makeshift bed from her bench staring at the roof of Luna.  "Blue...  I wanted to talk."  Allura said standing near the entrance of the command center of Luna.  "What's there to talk about?"  Blue said sighing, her tail swishing back and forth, her eyes still focused on the roof.  "You know what I'm talking about."  Allura said with a little pain with her voice.  "Oh yes...  Our argument."  Blue's eyebrows furrowed.  "Look, I'm so sorry, I----" "No, no.  I was being petty.  I guess, deep in my heart I knew he wouldn't stay as my partner in crime forever.  You were the best thing that happened to him.  During our patrols, he always talked about you.  Yes, I was a little jealous, and on the night we last saw each other, I overreacted.  I'm sorry."  Blue said sitting up facing Allura.  "I mean...  you did shift into a Rum'u and knocked down like two walls.  My father didn't care since we were going to fight the war anyways.  He did ask me to give you this if I ever did see you again." Allura said sitting next to Blue and punching her hard in the arm.  They both giggled and stared at the floor.  Allura put her head on Blue's shoulder and sighed.  They both stared hard at the floor looking back at the memories they both shared.  "Can I tell you a secret?"  Blue whispered.  "Sure."  Allura replied.  "When I was drifting out.  After I tried sacrificing my life,  I was scared as hell.  I know I keep up this strong big girl attitude, but the thought I would never see my family and friends after the war scared me shitless.  I thought of all the loose ends I had that I never fixed.  Our argument, not saying I love you enough to my family,  not being able to say goodbye to him."  Blue said with a tear dropping down to her cheek.  

"Blue..."  Allura said looking at her with tears welling up in her eyes.  "I cried and cried before passing out.  I cried until I had no more tears but a bunch of heartache.  Seeing you again, reminded me of our argument which somehow miraculously brought some tears again."  Blue said looking at Allura with one tear sliding down.  Both girls hugged each other and cried silent tears into the night.  After their tear fest, Allura and Blue both apologized to each other, (even though it was mostly Blue repeatedly apologizing and refused to accept Allura's apology) Allura walked back into the Blue Lion and fell asleep peacefully.  "Well done Blue.  I believe your family is in the stars, cheering you on."  Luna said while Blue went back to lying down.  "I'll find them after this, whatever this Voltron group's mission is."  Blue said staring into the roof intently.