Onceler x mother!reader (part 4 FINALE)

Once-ler's POV

The cops fired their guns and the man fell backwards, his grinning face turned into a shocked one as he realised what had happened. Before he hit the ground, he fired his gun at (y/n)'s shoulder blade..

She screamed in agony and I ran towards her, untying her from the chair and picking her up. The paramedics ran into the room and I handed her to them, I stood there, emotionless. Her blood seeped through my suit and gloves, but I didn't care.

Lorax walked in and he hugged my leg, I bent down and hugged him and sobbed into his shoulder. He patted my back as I cried and choked out
"(y/n).. I'm so s-sorry.."

Time skip - your POV

I woke up in a random place, my head throbbing and spinning as I sat up. Suddenly, someone came into view and pushed me back down, gently.
"No mam, you need to rest! I'll go get you some food." I looked at the source of the voice and saw a nurse, I'm in a hospital? But why? Oh... Now I remember.

I shuddered at the memory's, tears threatening to spill but I wiped my eyes before they could fall. I looked around the room and saw wires in my arms, my hands and forearms in bandages, I lifted up my hospital gown and saw bandages on my chest and stomach. My hand went to my cheek and I felt stitches across my face.

I looked at my right hand and tried to move my fingers, I went cold as I couldn't feel anything in my fingers, nor could I move them. I tried to move my left shoulder and pain filled my body
"Aargh!" I lifted up my sleeve and saw my shoulder was wrapped in bandages, I tried to at least move arm but.. I couldn't.

After I observed my damage, a nurse came in with pancakes and a glass of water. She layed it across my lap and pressed a button, the top of my bed moved up so I could sit upwards.
"Thanks.. uuhm, why can't I move my right hand or left shoulder?" I asked her, she looked down
"Uuhm, I'm sorry but your shoulder and hand has nerve damage and is paralyzed. You may need surgery to fix the problem.."

I looked at her, shocked
"O-oh.. okay then.. thanks for telling me" she smiled sympathetically and walked out of the room, I looked at my plate of pancakes. I smiled sadly as I remembered the old Oncie, the one who I sang with, danced with, baked with. However, it seemed like his old side never left.

I took a piece into my mouth and chewed, swallowing it's fluffiness and syrup before taking a sip of water to wash it down. I sat in silence as remembered last night's events, the beatings and torture, my crying and their laughing... Ugh it makes me shiver..

After a few moments of eating my food, I had finished the dish and layed the tray on my lap, I swigged the remains of water and set the empty glass on the tray aswell. I laid back and decided to go back to sleep, placing the pots and tray on the floor, I sunk into the covers and went to sleep.

Time skip - Onceler's POV

I drove to the hospital with the Lorax by my side and (c/n) in my arms, I walked to the receptionist and asked to visit (y/n), she gave me the room number and I thanked her before walking through the corridors. As I walked, I mumbled the number under my breath to help not forget it as I clutched the bouquet of (f/c) (favourite flavours). (c/n) then joined in, chanting the number "four! Fithe! On!" The Lorax looked at every doors number to make sure we didn't pass the one we needed to go.

After a few minutes of walking through the hospital, I stopped Infront of the door, 451. I inhaled deeply, put my hand on the handle and pushed, there she laid. Her soft (h/c) hair framed her sleeping face, her hands and arms were wrapped in bandages, but she still looked like a goddess..

My heart pounded as I walked next to her, I noticed a vase next to her
"Could you get me a cup of water please?" I asked the Lorax, he nodded and ran out the room. I bent down and saw her beautiful face, stitches ran across diagnoaly from her left brow, across her nose and to her right cheek.

The Lorax ran into the room with a cup of water, I nodded and took it from him, pouring the water into the vase and placing the bouquet into the vase. I placed my hand on top of hers as I gasped, her eyes fluttered open and her (e/c) eyes looked at me.
"Oncie?.." the edges of her mouth lifted up and her eyes watered.
"It's me Hun... Don't worry" I whispered as I gently hugged her.
"I'm here..."

Time skip - your POV

It's been a few months after the incident and I was back at home in the factory, (c/n) is now 2 years old, most of my wounds have healed up and instead of cutting trees down, Onceler decided to pick the tufts off the trees. He payed for the surgery and was helping me exercise my hands and shoulder.

"Cmon (y/n) you can do it!" He smiled and watched me intently as I tried to move my fingers a bit more than last time.
"Yeah mommy! Me and daddy bewieve 'n you!" My son cheered on, I smiled and tried harder. Until my fingers bent! I grinned and laughed as they cheered
"I did it!"
"You did it!"
"Mommy did it!"
We all laughed and hugged eachother, the Lorax walked in with some truffula fruit and flowers

He handed them to me and gave a fruit to (c/n), who chomped down on the succulent fruit immediately
"So how's the exercise doing? You got any further?" He asked
"Yeah! It does hurt a bit but I just gotta keep in trying, I can already move my shoulder but it hurts just a teeny weeny bit"
"That's good to hear.." he smiled and turned to Oncie

"And you, beanpole.. thank you... The bar-ba-loots, swomee-swans and humming fish are now back at home, where they belong. You've done good.." Oncie smiled and stood up.
"Cmon, join us for dinner!" He held mine and the Lorax's hand as I held (c/n)'s hand.

We laughed and joked throughout the night about the old times, about the river incident, the first time Oncie and Lorax met.. everything was perfect...