*Chapter 4*

Often, it was too cold for Y/N to sleep in the attic. So she laid on a small pillow next to the dying embers of the fireplace.

❤️One Morning❤️

Y/N bolted up from her sleep when she heard multiple bells ringing from upstairs.

Getting up from the floor quickly, she went and started to prepare their tea. While the water was boiling, she got the the bread and started slicing it.

Momo came down dressed and ready. She put her hands on her hips. "I thought breakfast was ready."

"I-I'm sorry madam. I'm almost done preparing it." She kept buttering the bread.

When Y/N finished making their breakfast, she set the plates down at the dining table.

Momo noticed something on Y/N's face. "Y/N what is that on your face?"

"Madam?"

Ochaco snickered. "It's ash from the fireplace."

"Do be careful, I don't want cinders in my tea." Momo snapped.

Embarrassed, Y/N grabbed a napkin from the table and began wiping her face.

"We should call you Dirty Y/N from now on."

Y/N stopped wiping her face and turning to Ochaco.

She had fearful and hurt eyes.

Himiko pointed to a fourth place setting on the table. "Who are we missing?"

"Oh, that's my place." Y/N said quietly.

"It seems too much trouble for you to prepare breakfast and sit down with us to eat. Wouldn't you prefer to eat after all your chores are finished Y/N? Or should I say Dirty Y/N?!"

Momo raised her voice at the end of her sentence.

Y/N was stunned. She took her plate and walked back to the kitchen, feeling down dreary.

She attempted to put the plate on the table but wasn't paying attention and accidentally put it right on the ledge, causing it to fall and shatter on the tiles floor.

Y/N gasped, sucking at on of her fingers because she cut it on the glass. Finally, she began breaking down. Her eyes were clouded in tears.

Slowly, kneeling down to pick up the glass and the food, she found herself looking at her own reflection in a glass vase that was on the kitchen table.

Some dirt remained on her cheeks and forehead. Sniffling, Y/N put a hand to the vase, touching her own reflection.

Leaning her head on the vase, Y/N couldn't take it anymore.

Running from the kitchen and from the house, she began blindly running into the forest that surrounded the house.

While not paying attention, she accidentally crashed into something.

The force made her fall backwards.

Holding her head, Y/N looked up to see a person with a cloak over their body, staring down at her, offering their hand to her.

Hesitantly taking it, she felt their hand. It was rough and calloused.

Standing up and brushing the dust off her short dress, Y/N thanked the mysterious stranger.

"Sorry about that. I wasn't paying attention."

"We're you crying?" The stranger spoke.

Her eyes were still red and puffy, clearly evident that she was crying earlier.