*Chapter 9*

Todoroki was getting ready in his room, until Shigaraki knocked on his door.

"Come in."

"Your majesty, I have something to discuss with you and the Captain."

"Explain on the way."

Todoroki left his room with Shigaraki behind him.

"The mystery girl has disappeared, leaving this in her trace."

Todoroki stopped abruptly, turning around to face the Grand Duke.

Shigaraki offered him the broken piece of shoe that Momo had given him the night before.

"Where did you find this?"

"It was abandoned on the side of the road, your majesty."

"Then, we shall seek out the mystery princess. Every maiden in the kingdom will try the shoe that I have, and whoever fits it shall be my wife."

"But-"

"Yes, Shigaraki?"

"I don't think you'll find the girl."

"I may not find her, but I at least want to try. Prove to me that she can't be found, Shigaraki."

Shigaraki bowed before turning on his heel and leaving. His smirk grew as he got further away.

Todoroki wandered over to one of the large windows in the hallway. He looked down at the broken piece of glass in his hands.

"I'll find you. I promise. We will see each other again."

❤️That Afternoon❤️

The new King Todoroki, Grand Duke Shigaraki, and Captain Midoriya all mounted their horses with the guards surrounding them, waiting to leave.

"We will find her."

"I hope so, your majesty." Midoriya said, nodding his head in reassurance.

"Yes, of course we will." Shigaraki said, not really meaning it. Since he knew who the mystery princess was, this whole thing made him feel good about himself.

They firstly stopped at the town, going to every shop and house, every maiden they came across all had a chance to try the shoe.

Some girls believed that if they covered their foot in lotion, the shoe would slip on easily, but, little did they know, the shoe was magical, enchanted by Nejire to only got Y/N's foot.

Todoroki watched in disappointment as every single maiden that tried on the shoe all didn't fit it.

But he was determined, never giving up.

The king searched the entire kingdom, taking days to cover the entire land. "Why are you so down, your majesty?" Shigaraki said, looking at Todoroki.

"We haven't found her."

"Don't feel down, your majesty. We have a few more houses to go to. I'm sure it has to be one of those. The girl surely wouldn't leave the kingdom."

Todoroki gained some confidence from the Captain's words. So he picked up his head and wore a determined expression on his face.

"Your right. We are surely going to find her, I just know it."

Shigaraki has to turn away because a smirk had made its way up to his cracked lips.

"I doubt it, your majesty." Shigaraki muttered under his breath.

"Did you say something, Grand Duke?" Midoriya asked, turning to Shigaraki.

"No, I was just talking to myself. Don't worry about it, Captain." He dismissed Midoriya.

The search party arrived at one of the houses, Todoroki, Shigaraki, and Midoriya got off their steeds and Midoriya knocked on the door.

A old man wearing expensive robes answered the door. "Oh. My daughter is waiting in the living room." He said, opening the door completely, so the three could walk inside.

A girl wearing a nice gown was sitting on a chair in the living room, with her foot already ready to have a shoe put on it.

Todoroki carefully unwrapped the shoe from its silk cloth. He stared at it for a second, running his fingers on it.

Snapping out of his daze, Midoriya accompanied him to the living room.

"Allow me." Todoroki said, motioning to the girl's foot.

The girl excitedly lifted her foot, almost kicking him in the face.

Carefully, the king put the shoe on the girl, but it was too small, and the girl frowned before pushing the king away and grabbing onto the shoe, trying to squash her foot in it.

"Your majesty!" Shigaraki said, rushing to help Todoroki up.

"Shall I arrest this heinous girl?!"

"No. It's fine."

"Yuri! Apologize to the king at once!" The old man scolded his daughter, pointing his finger at her.

The girl ignored her father's words. Her actions got more aggressive, and she fell off the chair and rolled around on the ground, trying to get her foot into the shoe.

"It will fit meeee!!!" She said, trying to get her heel into the shoe.

"How unladylike and rude." Shigaraki said, scoffing at the pathetic girl.

"My lady, that's enough, please give me the shoe now." Midoriya said, furrowing his dark brows and holding his hand out.

"No! It fits me!"

"It doesn't fit you, I'm sorry."

"Yes it does!"

"Please just give me the shoe, okay?"

"Yuri! Give back the shoe now!" Her father shouted, making the girl stop and glare at him.

"Fine! I'll give it back!"

The girl threw the shoe at Midoriya, making him fumble with it, almost dropping it on the tile floor.

Todoroki gasped, his hand outstretched toward the shoe in Midoriya's hands.

"Please give it back to me." He said, ready to take back his precious shoe.

Midoriya immediately gave him back the shoe muttering an apology.

Quickly, the king wrapped up his beloved shoe in the silk cloth, and hugging it to his chest.

"Let's go."

Shigaraki and Midoriya followed him out of the doors. They left the old man screaming curses at his spoiled daughter.

"Your majesty, the last house is next."