i n t r o d u c t i o n.

YOUR ROOTS,

Kim Dongyoung, preferably called Doyoung, is a boy who just enrolled into a new highschool somewhere in the middle of the year after having a couple of mishaps occur in his previous one

Kim Dongyoung, preferably called Doyoung, is a boy who just enrolled into a new highschool somewhere in the middle of the year after having a couple of mishaps occur in his previous one. Along the way he meets a very mysterious boy that manages to catch his interest. Together, they grow a lively and unbreakable friendship and with some obstacles in the way, Doyoung finds himself falling deeper and deeper into a bottomless pit where he is unsure of his feelings.

★彡

All characters other than the made up ones (yes, I created some of them) do not belong to me and are real people. I am in no way making this book as a means to harm anyone and it is purely fiction. More so, in the story, they actually are my characters and the members are those made up personas' name and face claims because they aren't like this in real life. If you are uncomfortable with the shipping of idols (especially lgbt) for fictional stories and purposes, I suggest you click off right now.

Contains drugs and alcohol use, homophobia in which slurs are also used (including internalised), death, abuse and more possibly triggering topics.

If you are unaware, this is a prequel to my book Sunflower, a Johnjae Instagram stylised novel I wrote. There isn't a preferred way to read them, this first or second, as this is a story before the events of Sunflower. There were a lot of unexplained details which I decided to explain or go in depth to. This story is supposed to set around 4-6 years ago.

I am still improving my writing so there may be some inconsistencies or repetitions, do bare in mind. I am free for criticism as I'd love ways to fix some stuff up.

As this is a novel, I expect there to be more than at least 20 chapters. These chapters will consist of 2000-3000 words. Considering the word count, it will take me some time with updates. I hope you can be patient with me :D

Please enjoy this series! I've put lots of effort in <3 Thank you.