𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6

{Zex's P.O.V}

When I arrived at the palace I smelt a familiar scent... The scent of that other human female, Ava... was it?
It's faint now, but I could still somewhat sense her.

She was in the vicinity still.

But, she's not important at this moment. I need to meet up with Lady Bish.

I began to walk into of the palace walls. In the distance I heard the clashing of metal and steel, most likely from the guards sparing. As I continued to walk, the sent of that human female continued to get stronger.

Now it was really starting to bother me.

But I restrain myself from searching.

As I got to Lady Bish's quarters, I knocked and waited for her to allow me entrance.

"You may enter" Lady Bish's voice muffled behind the closed door

Turning back to my 'human' form, I opened the door and entered. Lady Bish was seated at her dresser, simply brushing her long, wavy blonde hair.
She turns around and at the sight of me, simply smirks.

I kneeled down in front of her.

"I did as you asked, Lady Bish. I've completed your request" I say

"I know... And I have to admit. You've done quite well Zex" Lady Bish says

Lady Bish stands up and looks down to me.

"Zex, stand" She says

And I do just that, I stand up and stare at her icy blue eyes. She continues to smile with glee and satisfaction about the task being completed.

"Do you know where Asch is?" She asked

And that's when I knew, I was going to have a bit of a problem.
I didn't even think of the prince or his knights in those moments, all I had my focus on was Y/N.

"I did bring them back to Daemos, but they got away before I could track them down" I replied, not revealing what actually happen

Lady Bish's eyes narrow, she looked slightly disappointed and irritated.

"Well, it's not like they would've gone too far from the initial teleportation point. So, they should still be close by..." Bish then inhales and her eyes slightly widen "Zex... You smell different...."

Oh cr--
I forgot to cover their scent...

"I was on Earth for some time... That's possibly the reason" I lied

"Zex... You are telling the truth, right?" Bish asked

"And why would there be a need for me to lie?" I asked

Bish decided not to ask about the topic more, she seemed to somewhat believe my words, but I could tell she didn't fully accept my reasoning.

"Anyways... I would like to mention to you about the new guest in the castle..." Bish started to say

"A guest...? The palace hasn't had any guests for a long time... Who's the important guest?" I asked

"...It's just some female Daemos Rhal found outside the castle walls. I only caught a glimpse of her, but I feel as if she cannot be trusted. I would like for you to keep an eye on her... Who knows what kind of trouble she could cause" She explained

"Of course Lady Bish...." I bowed "But what would be of Prince Asch and his knights?"

"Oh... You can just allow them to run free for now. Since they'll end up coming back here eventually. Asch cannot run from his destiny, he'll have to face it one day..." Bish explained to me "Now, focus on your new task at hand... Keep an eye on that girl. She's in the ambassadors room on the second floor of the castle's second wing"

"Of course..." I say, standing back up

I turn to leave the room and exit without another word.
A female Daemos that I need to keep an eye on...
But what of Y/N? I don't think I can just leave her out there in the forest in her current state... She'll surely be killed...

I let out an annoyed sigh, remembering how clumsy she was when running away from the palace guards.

I glance to my right as I heard the loud ringing or metal and steel colliding with one another. It's the guards sparing with one another... As well as Prince Rhal punching the guards head in.

It's a good thing no one has noticed that those guards are missing... Well, at least not yet...

But I should stay here for a little while longer, i'll go back to check on Y/N after I observe that suspicious Daemos.

After walking for a few more minutes, I finally made it to the ambassadors room.

And who I saw sleeping in the bed was someone I didn't expect to see.

I walked over to the sleeping woman and a grin made it's way onto my face.
"Princess" Ava...

"This is... surely interesting..." I muttered to myself

She once looked like a normal human, but now she possesses curled magenta horns. Those you'd see on a Daemos... 

'Could it be that Lady Grandma's star pupil did this? Did he do this at that moment?' I thought

 I couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

Then, I reached for my dagger and pulled it out. As I twisted the blade, it slightly shone from the rooms lighting.

'I mean-- I could kill her... But then again... I don't have to...' I pondered on the question in my mind for a while

Eyeing the sleeping once human female, I put my blade away.

"You'll end up dying by someone else's hands anyways" I mutter, putting my dagger away

I decided to leave her there to sleep. She's completely harmless, and unless she somehow did process magic, even the slightest bit, I doubt it'd be that harmful.

I need to get back to Y/N before she wakes up again. She'll possibly want to go back out again, and I don't think I can afford to let that happen in that state.

Sighing, I made my way back to the abandoned house. 

Once I entered the place, I saw Y/N... still lying down, sleeping soundly.

Good, she's still resting. I didn't want her to bother me with questions.

I decided to just sit up against the wall, closing my eyes.

I'm tired.