debt - 2

✞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✞

"A chat huh?" You stare at the man, examining him.

Chrollo Lucilfer, standing roughly at five foot ten inches, or one-hundred and seventy-seven centimeters, he was a rather tall bloke. Fairly toned as well, his abs peeking out from behind his dark-purple, fur-lined leather trench coat.

"You're a bounty hunter, pretty skilled as well. Mind telling me what you're doing here?" He asked, his grey eyes looking into your e/c ones. Something about his gaze was different from Feitan's, but you hadn't quite determined what difference that was.

"I had a bounty, and I'd taken him out before running into you, but I don't really have any business dealing with you guys. I frankly don't find dying all that fun." You glance around at the numerous faces, all staring back at you.

"Should you really have told us that you don't want to die?" Machi spoke out.

"Should I have to worry about you killing me? I mean realistically, if you wanted me dead, Feitan would've dealt with me, even more so, you wouldn't have let me escape." You glance back up at Chrollo. A smug look on his face.

"She's right. Killing you wouldn't make any sense, you'd be dead already if we really wanted you dead." Chrollo responded.

"So then why is she alive?" Machi's stare bounced over to Feitan, making it seem like her comment was directed to both men. It was a good question, one on your mind as well.

Just why the hell did Chrollo want to apprehend you? What purpose were you going to serve to him?

"What is your nen ability?" Chrollo hopped down from his position on the rubble, landing level with everyone else now.

"Crypt Caller. I summon dead nen users and borrow their powers for a bit." You sum up all you can do.

"I can also talk to and see dead people with enough focus. If you all shut up I could contact the spirits that have died in this area." You're holding your injured side with your right hand, resting it on your left side, across your body.

"Please, demonstrate." Chrollo stood by and waited for you to use your ability.

"Alright." You closed your eyes and calmed your breathing.

Cold. Dark. Damp. The spirit world. The realm of the undead.

Re-opening your eyes, bright white light replaced where your pupils should be. Being a medium was sort of a heavy task.

"There's, a lot." You paused, glancing around.

"I can see, maybe three or four, just in this building alone." Your voice echos, like an ethereal speech filter.

The spirits notice your presence in their world. You've temporarily opened their eyes to see living humans, just like you've opened the eyes of the living to see the dead.

Chrollo, as well as a few other members, turn to look at the newcomers. The spirits are semi-transparent and float above the ground. The temperature has dropped significantly and time itself seems to have slowed.

And as quick as they'd appeared, they were gone. You took a deep breath as your knees buckled and you slouched down onto the ground, exhaustion begging to seep from your pores.

Overdoing it was rather easy, especially when you tried to use almost every aspect of your nen ability within a short amount of time. A big downfall to your ability to begin with.

"That seems rather useful-"

"Come near me and I'll end your fucking life." You cursed, your eyes glaring up at him, shooting daggers into his own cold stare.