a sleepless night of dread - 7

a/n: i used pinterest to find this, and being arachnophobic myself, i fucking hated it. lmfao idk why i hate spiders so much, they just creep me out- thank god i was able to just use 'goth aesthetic' to find this and i didn't have to deliberately search for spider aesthetic or something. i would've cried.

✞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✞

Arriving at the hotel, you were feeling a bit uneasy. Being hauled around with three members of the Phantom Troupe wasn't exactly how you planned to spin your next couple of days off, but with a now-dead lead for your investigation, you supposed it could be a bit worse.

Hisoka, Feitan, and Phinks had managed to stay on the low, and they weren't even questioned as Hisoka checked into a room.

I guess everyday civilians don't really see much news about the Phantom Troupe as bounty hunters do.

The room, which was going to be shared with all four of you, was small, to say the least. With two queen-sized beds and a pull out couch, someone was taking the floor.

Everything felt cramped inside the room, and for a man like Hisoka, you assumed his taste would've been much grander.

"Nothing fancy this time around?" Phinks groaned as he plopped down onto a bed, seemingly calling it as his. Hisoka leaned against the other bed and chuckled.

"We'll be going somewhere else tomorrow, this is merely temporarily for tonight." Hisoka hummed, his glance leaping to you and Feitan.

Shuffling over to the pull-out couch, you began undoing it when Feitan stepped on the other side of the couch, watching as you pulled it out, folding it down.

You sat down and stared at the wall, the large AC unit blowing out cold air as you examined the dull shade of burnt sienna that colored the walls. Your eyes kept wandering, but they stopped when they landed on something black in the corner.

Crawling up the side off the wall, a black spider clung to the walls. You jumped to your feet and stumbled back, shaking as you stared at the arachnid.

"S-spider." You mumbled out, backing into the table in chairs set up in the tiny kitchen.

"A spider?" Feitan walks around and begins to search for the thing terrifying you. You quickly duck around to where Feitan had been previously standing, cornered in by the weird half-wall that separated the couch from the beds. A corner created by the half-wall meeting the back wall of the room is where you stood, watching as Feitan bent down and picked it up.

An evil idea crept into his head as he picked up the spider. Eyeing you, he almost ran over to you, showing you the spider up close, threatening to put it on you.

"No! Stop!" You slid down the wall and covered your face with your hands, trying to become as small as you could in the corner while Feitan continued to creep you out.

"It's gonna get...you." Feitan teased, provoking you further.

"Such a child." Hisoka groaned, sliding his shoes off while he climbed into the bed beside Phinks' bed.

Feitan dangled the spider over your head but froze when he heard whimpering. Was that you?

Pulling the spider away, he listened closely. Whimpers and sobs were radiating from you, and you were shaking.

A pang of regret slashed through Feitan's heart, which he tried to ignore. He moved away from you and set the spider down outside through a window before closing and locking it back.

Lifting your head, Feitan caught a glimpse of your teary, red and puffy eyes as you glared at him, your face full of hurt and dread.

He'd terrified you.