how to come to terms with your captors - 6

a/n: so sorry to my hisoka fans in this chapter. believe me i love that fool, though i shouldn't- y/n kinda popped off on him, i promise its all in good fun though

✞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✞

The airship ride to Yorknew was uneventful, and you slept the whole ride there. Phinks and Feitan were immensely grateful for this, but nonetheless, they still had about an hour or two before they even got back to base.

It'd been a few days since their Phantom Troupe members last saw them, but this was going to be quite the reunion. You'd come willingly this time, but you were exhausted, and you were probably going to cause some trouble when you woke back up.

Speaking of which, you shifted on Phinks' shoulder, blinking your eyes open. As your gaze settles on the ground beneath you, you realize you're being held as someone walks.

"She's just moving again." Phinks mumbled. Feitan nodded and kept his gaze in front of him, tired of checking on you after every little movement you made.

So they don't know I'm awake? Let's keep it that way.

You think, closing your eyes, remaining still on Phinks' shoulder. You listen to the conversation they begin to have.

"Do you think Chrollo's really going to need her for the auction?" Phinks asks. He was unsure of why you were needed. He was willing to follow Chrollo no questions asked, but he was curious nonetheless.

"I'm not...sure." Feitan replied, his hands in the pockets of his long coat. Something was off. He was pretty sure you were awake, but he didn't bet much on it.

"What's she gonna do besides use too much nen and wear herself out and cause more trouble than she will progress?" Phinks groaned. Surely Chrollo had to have thought this out, because Phinks sure was stressing. He didn't exactly want to haul you around all the time, not that he minded that much, you were very beautiful, but he doubted you saw him as anything other than trouble.

"If she uses...the right nen, she could be... instrumental." Feitan added, glancing back to you.

It was hard to stay limp. When Phinks readjusted you, it was easier to remain stiff, but he'd know you were awake. Really relaxing your muscles and letting your body rely on someone else was much easier said than done. You felt like you were going to fall but you just had to relax.

"We're just using this poor girl." Phinks blurted out. It was what he was really thinking but probably not the best thing to have said.

"Pawns...must be sacrificed...to win the game." Feitan commented, moving his arm toward you. He pressed his hand against your forehead and tilted it up.

You sucked in a breath and closed your eyes as Feitan lifted your head up. Feitan scrutinized your face. You were still sleeping.

"She still out?" Phinks questioned Feitan, who retracted his arm and replaced it in his pocket.

"Yeah." Feitan lied. He knew you were awake, but he was going to pretend like he didn't see you shut your eyes.

"We're almost there." Phinks was relieved not to have to carry you anymore. You weren't heavy, but carrying someone did get tiring, even for someone as strong as Phinks.

✞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✞

"This is beginning to be a bit of a chore." Hisoka grumbled, gliding a playing card between his fingers.

"You're the one who wanted to be in the troupe so badly, why are you always complaining about it?" Maichi retorted toward the crooked jester, watching as a casual smirk appeared on his lips.