In His Arms

=VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE=

Chloe's POV

I never once thought that I would be looking and talking to the love of my life this Christmas.....I thought that I would be continuously talking to a bear and crying myself to sleep or maybe watching a sad love story on Netflix while I ate Ice cream....But it wasn't.....He was here, he really is here. After literally 9 months of shedding tears and starving myself, he still came back.... for me.

We were currently packing some stuff, because my dear devil told me that he had a surprise in store. I was really wanting to know, like a stubborn 5 years old, but he just kept dodging my questions, so I gave up and packed up some clothing. Oh yeah I forgo t to mention that we were going to a trip this Christmas and I was kind of excited...Well only because I haven't went out in a while since he left me 9 months ago.

-Lucifer. I called out to him and stopped what I was doing minutes ago and turned around to see him already staring at me. -yeah? He asked - Did you pack your clothes already? I answered him back with a question just because I was wondering where his suitcase was or were. -why'd you asked? He thrown me another question and I was starting to get annoyed because he could've at least answered me with a yes or no. -well because if you don't pack clothes, you practically won't have anything to wear. I gave him my reason so he could answer my question, but knowing Lucifer this wasn't going to end easily. -and why should that be a problem? Yup I knew it, I sighed and calmed down. -seriously? I asked with a visible annoyed tone in my voice so I rolled my eyes at him and still surprised with his answers and just went back to packing... -well because I've already packed my clothes darling- I turned around to face him only to see him smirking at me. -well I guess Lucifer is really back, isn't he? ..... great. –

*****

Lucifer's POV

As the Detective was packing all sorts of clothing I decided to go outside for a while to think of what was happening. While I was walking to up to my car, I pulled out a cigarette and lit it up with a lighter just to ease my stress even just for 5 minutes. I really missed out on a lot of stuff while I was in hell. I mean like Charli the baby that I once was holding a cradling was now running and playing, Trixie was now more mature and not that playful anymore, plus the detective was now running to be the new lieutenant of their station. I wasn't ready to see everything grow to fast nor to be starting to call Chloe as Lieutenant instead of Detective, like that's a big jump even for me and the sad thing about her being the lieutenant is that she wouldn't be needing a consultant or even a partner and I didn't want to be with anybody other than her. She was my star that light up the darkness in me, she's my everything....

-LUCIFER!!!!- I heard the detective shouting my name and immediately drop the cigar that I was holding and stepped on it. -Yes detective? I walked back in and saw her trying to pull something out of her bedroom. – can you help me with the suitcases? – yeah sure, don't try to move it anymore. I got it okay- I picked up Chloe's suitcase and wonder where Trixie was going to stay – oh she said that her friends invited her for a sleepover for 2 days and they're probably going shopping afterwards for some new clothes maybe? – okay- I answered her and as I was going downstairs with the suitcase on my left hand I passed by Trixie's bedroom. It was no longer colorful and bright, it was kind of bland in my opinion, but then realization came into my mind that she was no longer that 6 years old child, cause now she's 12. -Detective. I called her by the nickname that I gave her and she faced me. -yeah? She said and smiled at me while raising one eyebrow. -what happened to Trixie's bedroom? I asked as my eyes were roaming around her bedroom -oh she wanted to renovate it and to give away some of the toys and jewelry she had back then.....you know the beads and strings to make cute little bracelets....The one you and her used to do when you're bored. She said and smiled at the new decorated room that she had done by herself while Trixie was at school -oh did she gave all the bracelet that we made? I asked still a little hurt that she gave those memories of ours to another person. -nope she didn't actually give all of them, she kept the one you and her had made, the violet stone bracelet, that you both guys have or matched.... As Chloe was explaining about the bracelet that the urchin and I had made, it made me honestly smile that she still had it with her.... To the fact that she may be older and more mature, but she still had that little urchin heart and soul that I once loved.

-Lucifer where the hell are you taking me? Chloe asked stubbornly while she was blindfolded. -What do you mean. You did the same thing to me when you took me to the carnival, remember. I looked at her while we were still on the driveway. I focused again on the road, but I saw a little smile on her face as she was deep in her own world.

15 minutes had passed and I heard small snores coming from the detective. A smirked then appeared on my face and I was kind of happy seeing her so calm and sleepy. For her she told me that she hated it when I stared at her while sleeping, but for me I found her cute when she's asleep or when she's snoring like a baby....well...My baby of course.

We arrived in the airport but my angel was still asleep, it must've been the amount of alcohol that she consumed from last night. I was still upset about that by the way, but still I know that it was my fault due to the pain that I've caused her.

I got out of my vehicle and asked some of the staffs on the airport to get the luggage in the trunk and to open the door to the private jet. I gave the key to my trusted man and walked over to the Detective's door. She was so deep into her sleep that she didn't even protest t me carrying her like a bride on public, instead she snuggled more onto me and nuzzled her head on m neck. I stiffened on her sudden move and relaxed as I feel her breathe on a normal pace.

Chloe's POV

All I felt was dizziness and the need to sleep some more. I didn't cared if I was going to wake up in a place that I might not know or to even be seen with Lucifer out in public doing some sweet and flirtatious crap to me....Because I felt safe with him, so whatever this surprise is. I know it was worth the wait.

I felt being carried out of the car and I know that it was him, specially because of his scent and how he carried me in his arms. I heard him say something but it was all blabbered due to my sleepy state. I snuggled more into him and placed my head on his shoulder, as I did that, I felt him stiffened, but within seconds he finally relaxed and started marching to whatever surprise he had in store for me.... But for me I fell into my world knowing that I was in his arms.

=VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE=

-Hey guysss Thank you for reading my book, even though it's quite short and stuff, but STILL THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING and I wish you guys the best. Please take care and stand by for the next chapter....