☁️ Overprotective - Eli X 🌷 Reader X Naib

Requested by: Kurumi707

A/N: This is more of a friendship one hehe 👉👈 Also, sorry this took so long I have so many assignments to complete I barely have any free time 😭 This one is shorter than usual but I hope you enjoy it! 😊

~

Started writing: 30/07/20
Finished writing: 31/07/20

~

Your POV

"You don't have to keep following me around everywhere, you know?"

You were in a match, and your best friends Eli and Naib just wouldn't leave you alone, not even for a second. They followed you around everywhere because they felt like they needed to protect you.

"Come on, you can't last a minute without us." Naib chuckled playfully. You gave him a menacing glare and elbowed him. "Ow!"

"I mean, he isn't wrong though. Everytime you're being pursued by the hunter, you get terror shocked within a minute." Eli said.

"Every. Damn. Time!" Naib exclaimed.

Whenever you were being pursued and you spot a window, you would vault through it even though you knew you'd get terror shocked. You don't even know why you do that but you still do it all the time.

"Hey! It's not my fault I suck at kiting!" You said defensively.

"I don't think you suck at kiting. It's just that everytime you see a window, you vault through it, and boom! You get terror shocked. Don't you know that you shouldn't vault through windows when the hunter is literally right behind you?" Naib said exasperatedly.

"Okay, okay! Well, let's make a deal. If I survive this match and escape without your help, you guys will leave me alone and stop being so overprotective."

The two males looked at each other and nodded, as if they were communicating telepathically.

"Okay. Deal." Eli said.

You were decoding at the cipher nearest to the exit gate. There were only two ciphers left, and you couldn't wait to prove Eli and Naib that you can survive without them.

When you finished decoding, you skipped to the other undecoded cipher located not too far away happily. You had never felt so free in any of your previous matches with Eli and Naib always following you around.

Your first ever match was with Eli, Naib and Tracy, and you could remember how you kept getting terror shocked over and over again as you tried to vault over windows when the hunter was right behind you. Eli was distracting the hunter by running around the hunter and dropping lots of pallets so that Naib could heal you and Tracy could focus on decoding. From then on, Eli and Naib insisted on 'protecting' you by being the distraction whenever the hunter was pursuing you.

Your thoughts were interrupted when you felt your heart rate increase. You quickly crouched down and tried to hide behind a tree. Unfortunately, you had already been spotted.

You stood up and started running, mumbling to yourself over and over again, "Don't vault over windows if the hunter is too close."

Just then, you saw a window in front of you. You turned back to look, and as expected, the hunter was right behind you. You resisted the temptation to vault, and ran away from it.

You stood behind a pallet, waiting for the hunter to get closer, and then you dropped it. However, the hunter had brought excitement along with him, so he wasn't stunned, and managed to hit you.

You ran as fast as you could, trying to withstand the burning sensation on your back where the hunter had hit you, and without even knowing it, you vaulted over a window. When you realised what you had done, it was too late. You got terror shocked.

As you were incapacitated right beside a rocket chair, there was no point struggling and the hunter chaired you easily.

After a while, you saw someone running towards you. You felt relieved that someone was coming to rescue you at first, but when you realised it was Eli, you suddenly wanted the rocket chair to quickly take off into the sky.

Eli successfully rescued you, and he brought you far away from the rocket chair before healing you.

"Where's Naib?" You asked.

"Decoding. Why? Do you miss him?" Eli teased and you glared at him.

Just then, a signal sounded, signalling that the ciphers had been decoded.

When you reunited with Naib back at the manor, he started teasing you. "Looks like we're going to have to continue protecting you!" Naib smiled happily, slinging his arms around you and Eli as you guys made your way back to the survivors' dormitory.

Although you were pretty embarrassed, you felt very thankful for Eli and Naib because they had always been there for you, and not just in matches. You were happy to have them as your best friends, even though they can get quite irritating sometimes.