Party Crasher

Cora locked herself up in her room for the next two weeks of the Winter Holidays

Cora locked herself up in her room for the next two weeks of the Winter Holidays. Pippa thought that she was just upset with her engagement, while David and Emilia reckoned that she was just concentrating on her work, especially because she would be taking Transfiguration O.W.L. before the school year ends.

She was actually trying to figure out the mystery that is her Aunt Juliet's situation. It was very fortunate that Lucia is still very fond of Cora. The older witch agreed to keep what she saw in Saint Agnes' Home a secret between the two of them.

Same as the years before, Cora got back to Hogwarts the day before term two starts. She met Kenny and Megumi on the train back to school. Both of them knew that she was going to get engaged. She told them on the train ride to King's Cross before the holidays, but she asked them not to think or talk about it too much because she doesn't as well and both respected her wishes.

She wasn't that lucky with the other students though, because most of her schoolmates read The Daily Prophet. They probably saw the huge engagement announcement that Silas Avery insisted on putting there. It didn't help that Leo and Orpington were not really trying to be subtle about their relationship, so most of the Hogwarts students either think that she's an evil hag keeping two lovers apart or pity her for having a fiancé who likes another girl. She would actually rather it be the first.

"Can I borrow you for a moment?" Harry asked Cora as soon as he saw the fourth years climb through the portrait hole.

"What?" Cora raised her brows. "No, 'Happy Birthday' or 'Merry Christmas'?"

"Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, and Congratulations on your engagement, Cora." Harry rolled his eyes. Cora told him of the news when she sent her Christmas gift to him. He felt sorry for her at first, but after a long letter from Cora explaining that she really didn't mind, he started to treat the announcement as shallow as she does. "Can I borrow you for a moment?"

Cora made a face and told her friends that she would join them later. She and Harry walked to where Ron was already waiting.

"Congratulations on-" The redheaded boy started to say, but he was stopped by Cora holding her hand up.

"Save it." Cora said, sitting beside him. "Is this about Hermione and the Firebolt?"

The two idiot boys nodded.

"Could you two lay off on her for a bit?" Cora snapped at the two boys. "Hermione means well. She's just looking out for you, Harry. She could be right-"

"You and Hermione are both mental." Ron said. "Black is the most wanted person in Britain. You think he can just walk in Quality Quidditch Supplies and buy a Firebolt? Where would he even get the money?"

"The Blacks are an old noble pure-blood family Ron. Who do you think all that money was passed on to after everyone in their family died?" Cora scoffed. "There are only three Blacks in existence that I know of: Bellatrix Lestrange, Sirius Black, and Narcissa Malfoy-"