power.

[buck's pov]

ed.

eddie.

edmundo diaz.

just thinking about that name gets me irritated. how can he just walk in like he's been here for years? like he already knows the crew and has been here since the start. mr. perfect probably popped out the womb arrogant and brown-nosing.

god. he's just so fucking annoying and no one else realizes it. is it just me or is he 10x better than me in every department? jacked? yes. amazing sense of humor? apparently. was in the fucking army? jesus.

as if i needed something else to make my breakup any worse, i have my new and improved clone stealing my friends.

"what's your problem man?" eddie's voice rang, shaking me out my thoughts.

i sucked in a breath of air, not wanting to clock him immediately. "okay, you." i replied flatly.

"you're my problem. your comfort level, y-you're not just supposed to walk in here like you've been here for years. there's meant to b-be a uh- a 'getting to know you period.' you're meant to respect your elders-"

"you're not his elder, buck," chim interrupted as i threw a glance at him, ignoring his remark.

"look, i in no way meant to uh..be too familiar or step on anybody's toes. i know you're going through some personal stuff right now," eddie apologized.

"what 'personal stuff?'"

eddie managed to offend me even when apologizing, and he wonders why i don't like him very much.

"i know your girlfriend recently broke up with you and you're coming to terms with that."

"i'm not...and she didn't break up with me. who told you that?" i looked over at chim with a twinge of anger in my voice.

"twenty-one ahh..." chim exhaled as he ignores buck's question, continuing his push up reps.

"i'm just saying, i hear you're a good guy, and i'm sorry you're going through pain. but you don't need to take it out on me, or feel threatened by me. we're on the same team," eddie says.

"why would i be threatened by you?" i reply, feeling my self-control wither as i stepped closer to eddie, standing over him.

"exactly, there's no need to be, we do the same thing. i've just done it while people are shooting at me is all," he stepped back and walked away.

my head felt hot after hearing him utter that last sentence. comparing how perfect, and strong, and patriotic, and brave, he is. his face looked like he was sorry, but deep down i felt his gratification of getting under my skin. making my blood boil. he was enjoying it. i knew he wasn't sincere.

i stormed off to the showers before i did anything dangerous, especially so i couldn't give eddie the satisfaction of pissing me off.

it was the end of my shift and i was packing my things when eddie walked in. i averted my eyes before i could be put in a bad mood. but i couldn't help myself staring at him out the corner of my eye. i don't even know how to explain how infuriating he is. the way he's perfectly built, how he walks, his posture, the confidence.

he caught me looking and shot me a smile before heading out. probably thought i forgave him. pfftt, once hell freezes over. i slung my bag over my shoulder and walked to my car.