Agreement

The last thing Cloud remembered before falling asleep was the sound of his music playing from his phone as he fell asleep. After that, he was tossed into darkness, not completely awake but not fully asleep either. A part of him figured it was just a normal dream because some dreams can just be plain weird and just pitch darkness, but the larger part of him was alarmed by the way he was feeling. All of a sudden, the darkness solidified under his paws, and he straightened up, feeling all of his extremities once again. He didn't know what to expect, so he started to walk forward, still not seeing anything but feeling the cool, strange solid ground. It almost felt like a mirror.

With each step, however, he noticed lights begin to swirl and dance along what he could presume was walls, and he started to notice the colors.

There was pink, green, and blue. The same as the markings akin to those he would get if...

His fur on his cheeks and his tail fluffed and he gripped his arms in a hug as a shiver ran down his spine. The calico didn't want to continue down this path, but his feet would no longer move of his own volition, so he kept walking forward.

An energy started to pulse out from the other end of the spot where he was walking, and his chest tightened as he realized what the energy was coming from.

Would he be able to finally see the monster that had been using him all these months to cause issues?

Though, he had to admit... He had all this power and never once killed anyone... The thought made him knit his brows together as he continued along. Is that too low of a bar to have? A monster not committing any murders? He let his ears fall flat and back, and his head moved up once he reached the end of the path he had been walking.

Slowly letting the shadow recede from his form, a giant, towering blue-ish purple dragon with swirling markings and piercing yellow eyes appeared and seemed to take in Cloud's much smaller form with a sincere amount of wonder and thought. Though... Cloud himself felt his stomach twist into knots and physically hurt him as he stared up at the thing that had been plaguing him for almost a full year.

Zephyr stared down at Cloud, setting one of his forelegs over the other, his long tail snaking around and curling around himself. He looked regal in a way that didn't seem like it was his normal mannerism- as if he was trying to make a decent first impression. It confused Cloud, and the calico gently lowered himself to the ground to sit. He knew that if he stood for any longer, he would inevitably fall over.

The Drake before him exhaled sharply out of his nose, his eyes narrowed. Was he...

Laughing?

"Cloud," Zephyr finally rumbled, causing the boy to flinch at the sound of his name. Zephyr's voice was soft but seemed to be an amalgamation of different noises, from his own voice to a screeching noise echoing around the room. Zephyr visibly recoiled at the reaction, flinching in return. He continued.

"I... Don't quite know how to say it's nice to meet you. We haven't been close in the time we've been together, and I think that's my fault."

The fact that this Drake, the Drake that has pulled him under layers of fog and given him terrible nightmares, is now talking to him like an old friend that has been out of touch with him for years was jarring, to say the least. The poor Colvi's tail lashed and he curled himself into a more defensive ball. He didn't want to be friends with this creature, no matter what he said about himself. He knew that, deep down, this Drake was made of evil, and the only thing that stood between him and killing Zephyr here and now was that this was undoubtedly in his head. He would have to will very hard to do something like that, but bonds are permanent by blood, so the only way to actually kill Zephyr and send him back was...