Danger

Was it a bad idea in hindsight to go out again with his friends, after what Timtam tried to tell him? Perhaps. Did Cloud want to spend time with his friends anyway? Yes. Just because something weird was going on because he wanted to make amends with a dangerous Drake didn't mean he couldn't go out and see his friends, right? Right.

It had been a few days since the big incident, and since then there were only smaller blips in his memory. Nothing big, just forgetting he had grabbed something from the kitchen or did a chore for a few minutes. Things he could easily explain away. The note taking trick had also been working, especially since he'd started getting more warning about when he'd black out. Cloud never got any messages in the notepad from Zephyr or himself, but he challked that up to wanting to look more "normal" when he wasn't fully aware of what was going on.

Today, however, Cloud and his friends decided to go to Andi's house to watch some movies and play some games that Andi promised would be fun. And Cloud, ever the sucker for whatever his partner wanted to do, so badly wanted to play the games they'd suggested.

Andi and Connor were in the yard setting up the game for later when Cloud got there. Andi was the first to notice him of course, so they gave him a really hefty wave before getting back to work. Connor looked over to him with a grin and gave the calico a more subtle wave than Andi.

"Hey man, you're just in time! Wanna help with setting up?"

"Yeah, sure!" Cloud chirped, grabbing some supplies and standing near the two of them to help build... Huh. Cloud had no idea what this was.

"So, Andi, my love," Cloud crooned, slowly turning his head to them with a smirk. "What exactly is this game?"

"Oh!" They perked up. "Glad you asked!"

Andi described the game as a mixture of dodgeball and soccer. The goal of the game was to be the first team with a set number of goals, and you can only use your feet to get the ball in the goal. The only way the players can use their hands was either as goalie, or picking up the ball to throw it at someone on the other team and get them out.

"... And since we have six of us-"

"Six?"

"Oh yeah," Connor chimed in mid-build. "I asked Andi if I could bring my sister with me to try the game out and they said sure. So Angela's here to hang out too."

"Oh, gotcha!" Cloud gave Connor a nod, going back to building the thing in his hands. "Are these the goals then?"

"Mhm," Andi hummed. "I got them so we can take them apart when we're done."

"I see!"

The three of them spent some time building the goals until both were completely finished and set up, and then Andi lead them inside to the living room where Vickie, Khloe and Angela were hanging out.

Cloud hadn't seen Angela in quite some time- the rabbit worked quite a bit and usually only had days off when she was sick or filed for it- so it was a surprise to see her there, and better yet, be recognized despite the changes from months ago. She had changed some too; the rabbit wore gauges in her large ears, and since the last time he'd seen her, he'd guess they were some sizes larger. She also seemed to have a couple new piercings, namely a spiked septum and a couple on her collarbone. He didn't understand the want to have piercings there, but seeing as he didn't really have any anywhere, Cloud just chalked it up to her just being who she was. And that was cool.

"Hey, Cloud," she called to him. "It's been a minute. Love the wings, when did that happen?"

"Oh, uhm!" The calico stammered a bit, curling his tail around himself and fiddling with the fluff. "A few months ago, on my birthday. Family thing, it happens."