four

I did like what I saw, very much. Nate had always been impossibly hot. Everyone knew it. Suddenly, I felt nothing but hate for Maddy, despite never meeting her. No one deserved Nate. Nobody. He had chosen Maddy and she didn't cherish him, it was like she didn't give two shits about him. 

I felt myself blush. Taking the chance to get out of the truck while Nate pulled his shirt over his head. 

My phone vibrated in my pocket and pulled it out to check it. 

imessage from KAT <3

YOU'RE WITH NATE JACOBS? GIRL ESCAPE

I stared at the message for a second before clicking the screen off. She wasn't going to scare me, I already knew that Nate would never dare hurt me. He knew I'd hurt him back. 

I jumped when I felt Nate's arm wrap around my waist, pulling me closer. He flinched away, his face looking hurt. He thought I was afraid of him. He went to pull away but I grabbed his arm and glued it around me. I buried my face in his shirt as we walked into the Denny's. 

Nate ordered for me without a second thought and he got it all right. Soon, there were mozzarella sticks all over the table, a coffee cup in my hands. 

He didn't look away from me but I could tell something was on his mind. 

"Want to talk about it?" I asked, setting down my cup. 

He began to shake his head but he stopped himself. "It just fucking sucks, you know?" 

I nodded my head like I understood but I didn't. My relationship with Dean hadn't been serious, at least not for me. 

"She doesn't understand how much I fucking love her." he said through gritted teeth, looking down.  I saw his fists tighten on the table. I just wanted to reach out and hold them. 

"Nate." I said his name, instantly his eyes met mine again. "What's going on?" 

He held my eyes as he spoke. "Maddy and I are not working out." 

Yeah, I could have guess that, she was just fucking some dude in the pool. Of course, I didn't say that  to Nate. Once again, anger flooded through me. 

I let hate seep into my voice. "What do you want me to do?" 

An evil smile played on his lips. "You tell me. You're the brains... I'm just the eye candy." 

Nate and I had always been partners in crime our entire lives. We were both equally devious. I always came up with the plans and he would help execute them. 

I snickered. "More like you're the muscle." 

He gave me a serious look. "I'm whatever you need me to be." 

Another blush creeped into my cheeks. He still hadn't looked away. "If I help you with Maddy, you're going to help me with Dean." 

A flash of anger entered his eyes. "Why do you need help with Dean? Did he hurt you?" he growled. 

I wanted to nod, because well he had hurt me. It wasn't easy being cheated on. "He-um cheated on me..." he waited, not so patiently for me to finish, "more than once." 

Nate grunted in frustration. I could feel the heat of anger rising inside of him. "I'll kill him." He crunched his fists so tightly that the veins in his arms bulged from his skin. 

I didn't doubt that Nate would, it should've been scary but it wasn't. "No, Nate. It's okay." 

He stared at me in disbelief. "Are you serious Rosie? This shit bag hurt you. Now I'm going to hurt him." Nate basically spat the last sentence. 

"Nate, I said no. I don't want to see them walk you away in handcuffs." I said, calmly. It was true. I wasn't worried about Dean, even though Nate was capable of beating him to death without a second thought. It was Nate I worried about, he could ruin his life with once punch. 

His face was confused, "That's what you're worried about?" 

"What else would I worried about? Dean? Fuck Dean." 

Strange disbelief covered his face again. His brown eyes prying into mine. "Why aren't you scared of me, Rosie." Nate purred my name. 

I looked down at my cup, blushing from embarrassment. "You make me feel safe." 

He reached across the table and lifted my chin so I could meet his eyes. "I'd never hurt you, Rosie." 

All I could do was nod.