nineteen

"So, what the fuck mom," I exclaimed after a few minutes. We were both still sitting at the table. My mother was deep in thought but she didn't seem to be disturbed, unlike me. Like what the actual fuck had just happened and why was my dad involved?

My mother looked directly into my eyes as she spoke, she never did this. "Rose, baby. It's all okay."

I cringed when she called me baby. She also never did that, unless she was trying to keep my emotions from overflowing. She hadn't said that to me since my grandmother died when I was thirteen.

"I beg to fucking differ. You just had a fucking gun to your head!" I shouted. I wanted to add on that "and you acted like it was for the millionth time!"

She didn't move, her eyes were searching me, she was looking for a way to respond. "I knew that this would happen. Your father got into a lot of shit before he left."

"Excuse me? What kind of shit?" I demanded, pushing myself up from the table. Sitting didn't feel right anymore.

My mother was not used to having any conversation with me that lasted longer than thirty seconds so it was obvious that she didn't know how to proceed. So, I paced the room trying to think of any logical explanation for what had just happened to us. My father stole money and a wife, which was totally fucked up. Now, I had no experience with being threatened with a gun or some strange guy demanding money but it wasn't a secret that Bruce was not fucking around.

"Stop pacing Rosalyn." she said, her hand resting against her forehead in annoyance. "Your father was in some shady business and he abused his position. Loyalty only goes so far." I stopped pacing, wanting her to continue. I motioned my hand for her to continue. "Bruce was your father's partner...he would have done anything for your father. At least until your father slept with his wife. That's why he left, they were going to kill him."

Jesus. FUCK. "What business, mom?" my voice was shaky as I asked the question.

"Your father was the one that supplied the pills." she said, unlike me, her voice was even, cold.

"Pills for what?" I asked, barely above a whisper. Truth was, I already knew. That's what he meant when he mentioned Fezco.

It made sense. My father was the highest paid surgeon at our hospital, I'm sure he would have had access to everything he wanted and needed. Holy fucking shit. My dad was a drug lord? Fuck no.

She must have seen the realization on my face because her eyes softened slightly. "Rose...I will get the money."

I wanted to believe her. My mother might not have been the most maternal woman, but she was a strong one. No one fucked with my mother. This was proved by how she handled having a gun pointed at her head. I nodded.

"Do you have anywhere you can stay in an emergency?"

I nodded again. The first person came to mind without a second thought, Nate. If I told him what happened, he would keep me safe.

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER BUT I HAD A LITTLE INSPIRATION SPARK!

SHOULD ROSIE TELL NATE WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING??????