Part 1

THIRD PERSON POV Draco:

Draco Lucius Malfoy had been a siren since the day he could understand his father, he had been trying to prepare for his 17th birthday almost his whole life. All his father had ever wanted to tell him was that he would have a mate.

That his mate would have to help him pick his old scales off on a full moon, if his mate wouldn't help him pick them off. He would have to pick them off himself and that would be horribly hard and painful.

Those were the only two things that Draco was nervous about, finding his mate and having to pick his old scales off himself until he'd find him. His father was a siren as well and his mother was his mate, his father had told him all about how amazing it was to have a mate.

His father also told him about how horrible it could be, if his mate would reject him he would live a miserable life until he would die. It was safe to say Draco was not excited about that, what if his mate would be someone like Pansy?.

Draco was almost 17, it was only a couple of hours, "Draco!" Lucius Malfoy called up to his son. "Coming father!" Draco called down to his father as he made his way down the stairs into their sitting room.

Once Draco was downstairs sitting in front of his father his father spoke up, "Draco, tomorrow is your 17th birthday. You and I will go down to the lake that is around Surry, it will hurt a lot son but you should already know that" Lucius said to his son. "Yes father" Draco said back to his father before going up to his bedroom and getting ready for his first transformation.

Once it turned 11:30pm Draco and his father were finally ready to leave for the lake, "be safe my boys" Narcissa, Draco's mom said. She kissed her husband on the lips shortly and then kissed her son on his head.

She smiled at the two boys as they left the mansion for the lake in Surry through apperation.

"Father, how do I do this?" Draco asked his father as they were standing by the bank of the Surry lake. "Just jump in" Lucius Said to his son as he jumped into the lake fully clothed and with shoes on.

Once Lucius came out of the water with his head he didn't have his shirt on any longer and his hair was a bit wet. Draco stared at his father with big eyes until he felt a sharp pain in his body signaling for him to jump in.

Draco jumped into the water and felt instant relieve, "Draco open your eyes" Draco heard his father speak. He was shocked his father could speak under the water, but he did as told and opened his eyes.

He saw better under the water than he ever had seen under water, the lake looked like it was as clear as ever. Clear like a glass of water from a water bottle bought in a store, Draco looked shocked at his father.

Draco opened his mouth slightly and closed it almost instantly, he could breath, Draco then made the mistake to look down at his body. He had a beautiful green tail and he didn't have a shirt on.

Draco gasped at his tail, it was beautiful, he moved his tail a bit and shoot forwards. Draco heard his father chuckle at him "what?" Draco asked offended, "nothing, take your time" his father said.

Draco swam in a couple of circles around a huge rock that was around them to get used to swimming with the tail. Once Draco was used to having the tail on he stopped in front of his father, his shells starting to form on his tail. He could feel the pain of the shells starting to form on his tail more and more, as the shells formed the pain became worse and worse.

Draco was already screaming in pain as his first shells ever appeared on his tail. Once all of his shells had appeared on his tail, his tail looked more shiny and a lot less fragile.

His tail looked a lot more powerful, like it could break small rocks thrown his way and all sort of things. He smiled down at his tail, he had done it, he went through the first shell coming and the worst.

"You did it son, now come on, I want you to meet some sirens" Draco's father said and Draco followed his father. After about half an hour of swimming they came to a huge rock where a lot of sirens were sitting.

All of them looked shocked to see Lucius with someone so much alike to him. "Stop staring" Lucius hissed at a female siren who had been staring at Draco like he was her mate.

Lucius knew she wasn't his mate, a siren can't have another siren as a mate so it wasn't possible. Draco hadn't looked anyone in the eyes like his father had recommended him the evening before.

"Lucius" a siren called as Lucius and Draco approached him, "Jason" Lucius said and the two sirens pulled each other into a hug. Draco looked extremely confused at this, then he saw a girl who was in his year. Wait she was a Hufflepuff.

Why was Draco's father conversing with Hufflepuff's so civil, "Draco son, this is Jason and his daughter Hanna" Lucius introduced the two sirens. "Hi" Draco said as awkwardly as ever, Hanna smiled a small smile to Draco before swimming up to the surface.

"Draco, Hanna has gone through one full moon and we expect you two to go together every full moon, do you understand?" Lucius asked his son. "Yes father" Draco said looking his father in the eyes, once his father had looked away from him Draco got lost in his own mind.