Part 3

THIRD PERSON POV Draco:

Draco sighed as he walked into the Great hall for the welcoming feast, he was one of the first once to arrive. Once the crowds started to come in Draco saw the golden trio alongside Longbottom, Lovegood, Finnigan and Thomas.

Draco took a deep breath in his nose and froze to his seat, that was the smell of his mate. He hadn't realized the smell before the six Gryffindor's and one Ravenclaw came in.

Draco's eyes got big as he realized that his mate had just walked in and was one of those seven students. Merlin did he hope that it was Potter and not someone else, he signed as he realized what he had been thinking.

After the welcoming feast Draco went to the Slytherin common room with his friends, "Draco just tell us what's bothering you" Blaise said. Draco just shook his head in a 'no' motion and walked up to the dorms ignoring his friends protesting.

Once Draco laid down in bed he fell asleep with a heavy heart, he knew his mate was in Hogwarts he also knew his mate wasn't a Slytherin. Draco also knew that his mate not being in Slytherin would probably be a problem to his parents.

The next morning around three am Draco woke up to a dream, a sex dream, Draco never saw the face of the other guy. Wait Draco just now realized it had been a guy, a guy, Draco didn't know how he felt about that.

Draco had figured that this guy was his mate, so he could take two people off of his suspicions list. That list wasn't that long for Draco, it had been the golden trio and their friends that had walked into the welcoming feast with them the evening before.

Draco went into his nightstand table and took out a pice of parchment, a quill and some ink and crossed off Granger and Lovegood. That left him with only five people he was currently suspecting to be his mate.

Draco knew he would talk to Hanna about it once everyone were awake, Draco decided to take out another pice of parchment. He thought it would be a good idea to just write the note while he had his quill and ink up.

Draco signed and sat down at his desk with his wand in his mouth so he could see what he was writing.

Dear Hanna
Please meet me at room of requirement after all classes today! This is important and please be alone
-Draco Malfoy

Draco wrote the letter and went back under his covers and fell into a light sleep. Once morning arrived Draco got ready for the day, he took a shower and brushed his teeth. He got dressed and walked down to the Great hall for breakfast. Once Draco reached the hallway to the Great hall he could feel the smell of his mate, so he looked around.

The only two people were Potter and Weasley hurrying into the great hall past him, unfortunately for Draco he couldn't sense which wizard the smell came from. Draco sighed and walked into the Great hall and past Hanna who he slipped the note to.

Once Draco reached his seat he looked up to see Hanna staring suspiciously at him before nodding her head in a 'yes' motion. Draco signed with relive written all over his face before he took his list back out.

Draco crosses over Longbottom, Finnigan and Thomas before piling his plate with a toasted bread, a fried egg on both sides and some bacon. Draco's mouth watered as he started eating his breakfast talking casually to his friends that sat around him.

Once classes were over for the day Draco made his way up to the room of requirement to wait for Hanna. Once he reached the wall on the seventh floor he thought of a place to tell his friend a secret and a second later a door appeared.

"Draco" Draco heard someone call his name so he froze and turned around slowly, once he saw it was Hanna he sighed with relief. The two friends entered the ROR (room of requirement) and sat down on one of the couches.

Draco handed Hanna the list of his suspicions mates, "is this?" Hanna asked Draco surprised, "only two people?" She asked again. Draco always just nodded his head, Hanna looked at the two names on the paper and then smiled.

"You're doing better than I did" Hanna said handing Draco his list back and smiling, "thank you I guess" Draco said. "How will I know which one it is? they're always together!" Draco exclaimed exhaustedly.

"Don't worry I'm friends with the golden trio, I'll see if one of them will ever be alone and then you could walk past them. That way you will know which one it is" Hanna said like she had planned it all out for hours.

"Are you sure it'll work?" Draco asked signing a bit to himself, "of course!" Hanna said and stood up. "I promised I'd meet Ginny for a study lesson, do you want to come along? I think the golden trio will be there" Hanna offered.

"Nah I'm good thanks for the offer though, you know they hate me" Draco answered her before motioning for her to go study. Hanna shook her head slightly and walked out of the ROR leaving Draco alone in there.

Once Hanna was gone Draco sighed and started thinking about what he'd do if his mate would be Weasley. That would probably be his worst nightmare, he really didn't want it to be Weasley, he wanted it to be Potter.

Draco looked at the clock after some thinking time and sighed, he was late for dinner, Draco hurried down to the Great hall to eat. "Draco where were you?" Pansy asked Draco as soon as he sat down.

Draco rolled his eyes not really caring to answer her question and just started to eat his dinner. Draco had some toasted ham and some souse and mashed potatoes for his dinner.