v.

𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻't 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗜'𝗺 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁,𝗶𝗳 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗺𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂

𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗜'𝗺 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁,
𝗶𝗳 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗺𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂

  ・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧

𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗹𝘆, when i told ron about the envelope i found in the library, he looked at me like i was crazy. ("bloody hell ella! what the heck are you talking about, mate?", he said) hermione was confused, but told me that i did the right thing. ("ron, shut up! someone could be in danger!", hermione said). i was very confused about what happened, but i didn't think much of it. i didn't want to go back to the library and wait for another rate, but hermione told me that i had to.

i went back to library. it was empty. i was not surprised, it was sunday anyway. the potions book was kept on a brown, shiny small chair. i opened it, hermione behind me nudging my elbow to open it quickly. i threw her a "what the hell" look and she glared at me. i shook my head and opened the book. i carefully opened the pages

And there it was.

it was a different envelope. this one was plain white, with a painting of little lilac flowers in the front. i blushed. whoever had my letter clearly spent time in making another envelope for me. i am not used to any attention of any kind and seeing th handmade envelope made me want to hug that anonymous person. the seal was light blue with the design of a flower engraved on it. a floral scent clearly lingered in the air and i grinned. hermione behind me was looking at my face, and gave me a sweet smile. she also gave me a quick nod as if to say go on, open it.

i clearly did, and to my surprise, there was a long white letter. the handwriting was the same as before-- untidy. i slowly opened and read the letter. i was blushing for no reason. my stomach gave a kick as i read the letter

𝗵𝗲𝘆
𝗶 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝘆 𝗹𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿. 𝗶 𝗮𝗺 𝗮 𝗴𝘂𝘆. 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆? 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝗯𝗯𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲𝘀? 𝗶 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗲. 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆, 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆.

i looked at the letter weirdly. why did it seem so rushed and weird? hermione took the paper from me and pondered over it for a while. "they could be in danger, you know? they did indirectly say that they are sad", hermione said, folding the paper in quarters and giving it back to me. "should i write to them back?", i asked her. hermione looked at me, half amused and half serious. she nodded and patted me on my shoulder. i sat on a couch and looked around to see if we had an extra quill. i wasn't expecting a reply back, so i didn't bring one. hermione sighed and looked at me, exasperated. she handed me a quill of hers and i sheepishly thanked her and began quickly writing on the letter.

𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘶𝘮
𝘪 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘪 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘰𝘭. 𝘪 𝘢𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴. 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴, 𝘪𝘮 𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭. 𝘪 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦?

the letter was short and simple- to the point. "i don't think that they are revealing their house", hermione said to me as i put the letter in the envelope, and carefully put it in the book. "aren't you scared that someone else will read the note,?", she asked me again. "no. if me and this guy are meant to be talking anonymously, then we will", i said to her and looked at the glistening candle that was kept on the side of the library. "also i don't think anyone would read a potion book that far", i laughed and hermione grinned. "feels weird, doesn't it?", hermione asked me and i nodded.

we quickly left the library, but not before glancing over the book again.

・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧

[𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑]

this all felt so weird. talking to a random guy through notes in the library, who won't even reveal his house or his name? very strange.

but i didn't care. those letters were the only thing i waited excitedly for in a day. whoever the person was, they certainly understood me. they told me that i seemed like a cute person (to which i replied, "i think that you are cute yourself too"). we never revealed who we were, but nevertheless, the letters got lengthier each day. everytime i read one of the letter, there would be butterflies flying in my stomach. i would spend hours thinking what to write to them as a reply back. surprisingly, for a guy, he was pretty sensitive, but cool. i shared every part of my day with him, but left those details that tell him who i am. i eagerly waited for a reply every day. i kept the letters safely with me. we would always make new letters after a day or two, and kept the old ones. the letters felt like they were a part of me now, and that they completed me. every day ron and harry would tell me that i am crazy and asked me to ask him who he was, but then again, all the best people are.
the weird thing is that even if i don't know the guy, i like him romantically. his letters give me happiness and my cheeks immediately go pink. he seems sweet and nice, what is better than someone who is like that, and especially someone who knows how to listen? i wish i could hug him, and pull all the sadness out of him like strings.
it was wednesday, and i hadn't replied to my anonymous crush in two days. i haven't even read his letter, because i was so busy. the professors have been giving too much homework for me to handle, and so instead of writing letters, i was instead writing essays. i felt depressed. i didn't even know that this would happen to me if i didn't reply. this heaviness was going down on me. i decided that this was enough. i had to reply to this letter. it would make me feel so much better, and it would make him feel so much better too. oh god i miss him so much.

i quietly creeped to the library to check the letter out. i slowly opened the book and looked around. the scent of lavender lingered in the air as i quickly flipped through the pages. this time, the envelope was plain white, and instead of a long letter, i saw a torn paper. my eyes widened when i comprehended what was written on the piece of paper.

Ps. i love you