41

thank you all for the love and support on this story. it's amazing how this little blurb in my mind transformed into something thousands of people enjoy and look forward to. i appreciate you all, i hope you stick with me on my journey. <3

the here and now wasn't as pleasant as i thought it would be. currently, it was 2 am; san and i were sitting on the studio floor, eating dumplings and watching a sappy kdrama. this wasnt the ideal way to spend my evening, but san had helped my calm down quite a lot. beck's flight back to manhattan was tomorrow and i had made the decision that i was not going back with her. chris had to get back to work, and i was a big girl- i could figure these things out on my own.

the final episode had concluded and san began to pack up his things. "i gotta head out for the night, you sure you'll be okay here?" the boy asked, concern written on his face.

"of course, i'll be fine." i reassured the boy. "thanks again dude." when he left, i locked the door behind him- returning back to my seat. the studio floor was hard and cold, only separating me with a blanket. all of a sudden, my phone began to ring- it was chris.

"hello?" i answered.

"hey beautiful, you feeling any better?" the boy asked. his voice sounded tired and raspy.

"yeah yeah i'm better. sorry for um- freaking out earlier. i never meant to get that way." i cleared my throat, thinking back on the previous events.

"you wanna talk about it?" he asked sweetly. i could hear the faint honks of passing by cars-signaling he was returning home.

"not really, i just wanna move past it."

"okay okay." chris hummed, "but jae i have to ask, are you gonna take the job?"

my heart dropped to my feet when he asked that question. i didn't wanna think about it, not at all. unfortunately, i had to face the reality. "yeah." i whispered, "i am."

chris smiled widely despite the hurt in my voice. i could tell he was extremely excited, to be completely honest- i was too. "please let my know if you need anything, okay jae? i just got home and i'm really tired. you should get some sleep too, okay? goodnight love."

"night." i sighed, hanging up the phone. after a few seconds, i unzipped my bag and pulled out the letter. as soon as i typed in the phone number printed on the paper, there was a knock at the studio door.