chapter four

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

chapter foury/n wishes that she never spoke▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

chapter four
y/n wishes that
she never spoke
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Why don't you tell me the truth, Y/n-chan?" your Sensei asked, sending you a saccharine smile, as you walked behind her, carrying a box of crayons as per her request. She didn't look at you again as you made your way up the stairs and across yet another familiar hallway, but the pressure she put on you somehow still mounted.

Pressure that you ignored. Quite easily, actually. You smiled innocently back at her. "Because kids always lie. Adults are enemy number one, remember?"

No matter how long you followed her with your box, your Sensei always seemed to find a new place she had to visit, another classroom that needed to be supplied with crayons. You knew what she was doing, why she was insisting you come along, but you weren't going to give her what she wanted, no matter how long she dragged you behind her.

The surroundings, like your unwavering answers, never seemed to change. Ugly green plastic-looking floors, yellow-white walls, wooden doors with stains, and windows decorated with hideous paintings greeted you at very turn. It was your school, after all. And school never seemed to ever change.

"Y/n-chan," your teacher called over her shoulder, "you're nine years old now. Don't you think it'd be nice to spend some time with your classmates? As friends? They're older now as well, I'm sure it'd be worth a try."

"No."

You spoke loudly and clearly, without any hesitation, having no interest in any of them. After what had happened, you felt disgust at the mere thought. Your teacher raised a delicate brow.

"And besides," you quickly added, "I already have friends. Sorta. Acquaintances. People I talk to. People who I don't dislike. People I won't plan to murder."

"Yes, I see."

But she didn't see, she didn't understand, and now she was looking at you all wrong. You hated that look, and you clenched your firsts until they turned white.

You did actually have two friends.

Still, even if this was not information disclosed to the general public (which consisted of snot-nosed brats like yourself, and, apparently, your Sensei), why did everyone have such a wayward opinion of you?

Why did everyone think you were too much? Why did everyone think you couldn't manage? And why did everyone think you so... It didn't really matter, you would never understand it anyway, and once you went down that road of thoughts... well, it was only natural to delve further into the many 'why's.