chapter fifteen

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

chapter fifteena new day is dawning ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

chapter fifteen
a new day is dawning
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the train station in Tokyo, you had to wait for an hour, your suitcase heavy in your sweaty palms, before you were finally picked up by a tall, dark haired young woman who introduced herself to you as Kuroo Kazashi. You didn't know her, she wasn't your teacher, but you were quickly able to put two and two together and deduce that she was your Piano Sensei's oldest and only daughter. You tried to return her warm greeting accordingly, but you were sure that you came off somewhat stiff and unresponsive at times.

You had just met the woman, after all, and here she was, ruffling your hair, straightening your collar, and squeezing your cheeks as if the two of you were long lost close friends. You told yourself that you would get used to it... And since it wasn't like you disliked the affection she showed you, there really was no need to complain. You could deal with being a bit flustered.

Kuroo Kazashi was unbelievably tall, her skin was slightly tan, and her spiky dark hair was cut short in a messy way that seemed to emphasize her laidback manner. You thought she was incredibly pretty, even more so with her odd, but somehow stylish choice of clothes. She wore blue skinny jeans that hugged her figure, and a blazer with glued on colorful patches. Her huge sunglasses pulled her short hair back, showing off her glinting red cherry earrings. Accompanying the cherry earrings, Kazashi had both her hands covered in rings, at least six on each hand, and pink and green and gold bracelets were wrapped around her wrists.

She only grinned teasingly at you when she caught you staring. That was when you noticed she also had drawn two blue stars underneath her crinkling eyes.

Her voice had a slight drawl to it, but you didn't find yourself at all put off by her teasing manner. While, yes, for reasons you couldn't name, you felt weirdly shy in her presence, it didn't stop you from engaging in conversations with her. Even though it was something somewhat rare for you, you liked listening to her talk. She had a nice voice.

And she did tell you a lot, how she was now studying, how she had just graduated a year before, and had rushed to get her driver's license. Kuroo Kazashi liked the sound of her own voice, and you had no problem with it. Every now and then, you would hum, nod, or ask a question. In a way, you were sure that you learnt more about Tokyo from her than you had ever in your visits or lessons. Well, at least, more about the real, current Tokyo.

"My mother has also prepared a nice, neat little room for you! It's not too big, but it's totally comfortable! Mom even went to buy you lots of plants, and they smell so good!"

In return, you felt slightly guilty, and had to try to express your gratitude, but somehow, Kazashi was able to shrug off those feelings by assuring you that her mother wanted nothing more than for you to be comfortable.