Fires and Flames

—————Fera Flame

I have been Fera Flame for 300 years. I was made to kill Frost, it's why the moon chose me to come back from death.

The moon is not a hero and friend like the Guardians believe, it is not a villain either. It is an immortal being who doesn't care for anyone but itself. It broke off of Earth, no longer a peice of Earth, just a being that reflects the Sun. It cares for nothing but itself.

It watches and plays with the beings of Earth, knowing it will always be in charge.

It chose the Guardians, not to protect the Earth, because it likes the entertainment. It created us, the villains, it created us to fight it's declared heroes. The moon is my enemy.

I will defy it. We will be made to lose in battle, but we were made strong enough to be a threat to them all. So, I'll use that power to kill them off, one by one.

I'm leaning against the wall, I would like to say that I was blending in, because that's what I was trying to do, but my vibrant red hair and dark red jacket was not helping.

Your probably thinking, wow Fera how cliche, you have a red jacket and hair. Thats not actually cliche, I just had that jacket on when I died and my hair I died because I'm a villain.

When I was alive I wanted to dye it red, but I didn't because I didn't want my job to judge me. I needed that job.

Now, nobody can hold me back. Well, Pitch probably could but I only listen to him because I know how close he was to dragging the Guardians down.

Pitch comes around the corner. I try to blend in even more now, I hate this cave. I can't even think in peace without him coming around, pacing and thinking and checking his stupid nightmares. What kind of person walks that much when they're thinking?

A dead one that uses darkness to infect peoples deams and happiness.

Whatever. Go burn in a volcano author, I hate you.

Pitch immediately spots me and smirks.

"You can't hide from darkness by sinking into it. Come here." He orders.

I push off the wall and stride to him, he begins to walk back to where he came from and I follow. He reaches the entrance to his cave and stops.

"What?" I snap at him.

"The Guardians are coming."

I grin, this is my chance. "We'll lure them down, split them up and take them down." I say to Pitch.

"Yes, but they must believe that we are not home." He says.

I finally see the sleigh in the sky, how in the world did Pitch even know they were coming? It's the middle of the day and I couldn't even see them. You know what? I don't even care.

It lands down in the forest, near the lake and I back up.

"You need to hide for now, I'll split them up and send one to you." Pitch says, also backing up, fading into the darkness.

"I want Frost."

"No. He is mine."

I huff. "Save him for last then and we'll kill him together."

Pitch frowns in annoyance, but nods.

Dark shadows wrap around me and I fade into the shadows as well, I turn and find a room not far, but not quite near the entrance.

I hear the Guardians call out to Pitch and I. Their voices echo through the cave. I stay hidden, just iching to burn them to tbe ground.

"Pitch! Come out and face us!" Bunny yells.

Flames burn beneath the surface of my skin, begging to be let out, to be let loose. Patience Fera.

"Pitch! You coward come and face us!" I hear Frost yell.

What? Did they just forget me? Am I not that much of a threat to them? I could kill them all right now! Burn this place and all that will be left is ashes, smoke, and the echoes of their screams.

Two of them wander into the room, the Christmas nuance and the stupid Sword boy.

Two swordsmen. I can deal with that. They move past my hiding place and the shadows around me retract. Signaling my moment.

I step forward, my feet not making a sound on the smooth floor. Percy? That was his name right? He stops waking and Santa stops and looks at him. He couldn't have heard me right?

"What?" Santa asks Percy.

"Someone is watching us." Percy says.

Huh. Whatever.

I bring forth the flames from beneath my skin and the flicker across my hands, crawling up onto my forearms.

Santa and Percy's shadows dance across the walls and twirl around.

Santa holds his two swords, Percy holds a pen. I know now not to underestimate that damned pen. I grin and flames swirl around my feet, slowly inching towards them.

"Jack!" Santa yells, eyeing the flames.

My grin falters for a second before I remember that Frost is weaker than me.

Percy grins at me, pocketing his pen. Water appears from the air, slowly growing until it was in more quantities than my flames.

It drops and my fires sizzle and smoke rises as the teo forces fight for dominance. I push forward, more flames appearing and rushing towards that stupid boy.

Water rushes around my heels, flooding the room. It rises, over my ankles. The fires are gone.

I scream in rage, fire erupts from my hands spreading and devouring me. I lung at him and the water rises like a wave, it pushes me down and I can't breathe.

For a second I panic and the water pushes me against the floor, drowning me. I let loose, the fire erupts again and the water hisses and evaporates, I rise from the floor, flames crackling and burning violently, no longer playful. Pure fire and flames, heat of a thousand ovens and the room drys instantly, all traces of water gone in a single flare.

Percy gasped and I heard Santa cough. I look to them and smile.

"Funny isn't it? Light is what you choose to call your side of a battle, yet my fire brings more light than any of you, yet it is your worst enemy." I said, laughing.

"Fire is not the enemy. You are." Percy said.

He lunges forward, sword growing in his hand. I gasp and stumble back, fire flickering down my arm and onto my hand. I jumps at Percy and grabs his chest.

He lands in front of me, shirt on fire and swings his sword. I jump back, something stings my cheek.

I raise my hand and touch my face. Percy pats his burning shirt. I feel warmth and wetness on my cheek, it burns. I growl as I see the red liquid on my fingers.

The fire on his shirt grows and shoots up towards his neck, but flickers and dies as frost spreads across his shirt.

Percy grins and looks past me, I turn and see Frost. The rest on the Guardians with him. Something hits behind my knee and I tumble forward.

A black streak shoots under me and I am pulled away by the nightmare. Pitch stands next to me.

"You couldn't be any more discreet or quick could you?" He snarls.

"You didn't do anything useful either, Black." I growl, eyes not leaving the wretched Guardians.

"Quiet your bantering and surrender." Bunny says, raising his boomerang.

"You forget where you are." Pitch says.

Darkness wraps around us and soon we are flying through the shadows. I know a nice place we can stay until the Guardians leave Pitch's hole.

I also know, how much the Guardians are going to dislike our temporary housing.

I know Pitch is thinking the same thing as a bright scene is plastered across my eyes.

The Easter Bunny's place.

Word Count: 1329