Chapter 1 : Awakening

There in the lonely living room was an abnormal being, seemingly frozen, most certainly unresponsive.
"So sleeping beauty lay awaiting-"
A fair amount of time had passed while the girl slumbered, her best friend had fled the house to chase her dreams of becoming a violinist, Five busy with wherever or whenever he was, Ben was dead, Klaus was hopefully not dead, Luther was on the moon, Allison was a famous actress, Diego was... Diego.

Her 'family' members had left her on her own-all except her father, mother and dear friend Pogo.
"Her friends watching over and protecting her while she slept-"
Patience became something she had learned to hate after forcibly watching so much happen without a chance of putting a stop to it.
Decision after decision she watched it all, the good, the bad, the life ruining.
"She'd waited long, oh so long that her dear prince should arrive-"
She never had made her mind up.
Which was worse?
Watching the madness or being a part of it?
A gentle knock at the front door stopped all thinking and reading.
"I'll get it." Grace whispered kissing the top of her head.

Footsteps leading away caused the thoughts and feelings to swirl.

She wasn't good enough
Useless
Can't even move
Alone
Helpless
Not worth it
Burden

"It's been a while." A familiar tone brought her attention back.
"I'm sorry I haven't visited in a while, I-I have a new song I made for you though! I hope you're listening." The presence she felt beside her clicked open a case holding their instrument.
Of course, her reason to keep going, her reason to wake up.
Vanya played elegantly pulling the sleeping girl from the dark once again.
As quick as it began it was over though she was grateful all the same, she showed so much devotion for a dead girl it would be hard for her to not feel overwhelmed with the affection.
Vanya knelt to her level on the couch brushing hair from her face.
"I'm sorry."
What would the kindest girl she knew have to apologise for?
"I've never been good enough." Vanya took ahold of her hand softly caressing it.
Not this bullshit!
"I-I don't. I don't know how-!" She choked a sob out.
"I don't know how to help you!" She cried out holding the small hand closer.
COME ON MOVE ASSHOLE!
"I've never been able to help! You-you always made me feel..." she paused as the girl sensed tears dripping from her face.
"Like.. Fa-family." She cried harder forcing herself quieter.
SHE NEEDS YOU NOW MORE THAN EVER SO WHY AREN'T YOU MOVING.
"I-I love you so much."

M O V E .

The girl sat up gasping roughly for air coughing as Vanya shrieked before holding her. She fell into her lap on the floor while being pulled all the more closer.
"Hey it's ok, it's ok, it's ok." Vanya softly mumbled into her hair.
"It's alright now, it's ok." She felt herself grinning uncontrollably.
"Va-nya." The girls voice rang out scratched like.
"Shhh shhh shhh it's alright I've got you-I've got you."
"What happe-." Grace stepped into the room before taking in the sight before her.
"(Y/n)! She's awake!" Vanya sat her up more as she began collecting herself.
"Ma-mama." Slowly but surely her breathing became less ragged, she turned to Vanya holding her tightly leaning forward to her ear.
"I love you so much sis-sister."
She rose to her feet immediately about to fall back down if not for Vanya and Grace holding her up.
"I-I love you both s-s-so much... so much..." she weakly smiled before falling limp.
"Let's take her to her bed dear." Grace scooped her small frame into her arms as Vanya trailed behind.
No words were needed as all they needed to say was written in their features.

A piece of them had returned.

A piece they would never be letting leave again.

The night passed quickly for the sisters, Vanya lay beside (y/n), an arm draped across the small girl causing both of them to feel more at ease. Just like old times, they had nothing but each other.

Yet something-somebody was missing.

Her precious Five.

A/N: Short starter but this was to get the beginning out of the way they'll be longer after this. Likes and feedback are appreciated but not necessary <3 I'm finally writing again after ages so sorry if it's shit lol