Chapter 10 : 'My Body Is A Temple'

Enough time had passed for Five as he convinced (y/n) to return to the academy with him, or more simply he'd led her there without a word being said. Walking up the stairs hand in hand they stopped seeing bloody footprints from the bathroom into Klaus' room. (Y/n) pulled Five to Klaus' door where she knocked lightly.
"Hey Klausy." (Y/n) approached slowly engulfing him in a loose hug as not to scare him.
"Little puppet... It's good to see you." He pulled her in making her laugh as he got water on her.
"You okay?" Five lowered his usual tone.
"Yeah-just, long night."
"More than one, from the looks of it." Klaus paid Five no mind for the most part as he pulled his vest on.
"Yeah."
"Don't remember the dog tags."
"I like them." (Y/n) beamed looking up as Klaus pat her head.
"They belonged to a friend."
"How about that new tattoo?"
"You know, I don't totally remember even getting it. Like I said it was a long night." (Y/n) pulled on Five's sleeve giving him a look to leave the topic alone.
"You did it didn't you?" Five continued.
"What are you talking about?"
"I can recognise the symptoms, Klaus."
"Symptoms of what?" (Y/n) pulled on his sleeve yet again to no avail.
"The jet lag. Full body itch. Headache that feels like someone shoved a box of cotton up into your nose and through your brain. You gonna tell us about it?" (Y/n) sat next to Klaus wrapping her arms around him as he put an arm around her shoulder.
"Your pals, when they broke into the house and they couldn't find you, they took me hostage instead." (Y/n) pulled him in tighter.
"And in return you stole their briefcase." Five grinned.
"I thought there was money in it, or I could pawn it, you know, whatever." He took a deep breath, playing with the fabric on (y/n)'s shoulder.
"And then I opened it."
"And the next thing you knew, you were... Where? Or should I say when?"
"What difference does it make?" Klaus' breathing had quickened as (y/n) shook him from his thoughts, casting her a quick smile as a thank you.
"What diff-uh-okay how long were you gone?" Five scrambled.
"Almost a year." (Y/n) gasped.
"A year. Do you know what this means?"
"Yeah, I'm ten months older now." (Y/n) laughed sadly.
"No, this isn't any sort of joke, Klaus. Hazel and Cha-Cha will do whatever they can to get the briefcase. Where is it now?" Five's eyes shot around the room desperately.
"Gone. I destroyed it. Poof." (Y/n) cringed, it was understandable after what they could gather of him having gone through.
"What the hell were you thinking?"
"Five!"
"What do you care?" Klaus retorted.
"We needed it, so I could get back, I could start over." (Y/n) sat quietly, feeling Klaus move from the bed she walked with him.
"Where are you both going?"
"Interrogation's over." (Y/n) mumbled.
"Just... Leave." Klaus uttered as (y/n) guided him around, Five could only let her go for the time being, as much as it pained him, before rushing over to Klaus' desk, scribbling something down.

The pair had been making their way outside when they saw Grace being worked on by Pogo.
"What happened?" (Y/n) questioned, frowning.
"Those intruders, they must've gotten to her." Klaus mumbled as she waved to Pogo.
"Even the fucking chandelier." She shook her head laughing slightly, as they stopped to look it over Diego walked by.
"You look like shit." Diego deadpanned.
"Why thank you. Hey-where are you going?"
"Nope." Diego responded, already knowing what he wanted.
"What?" Klaus feigned ignorance.
"I'm not giving you guys a ride."
"Oh, come on man-you know we can't drive." This was a half truth, (y/n) could half drive-Klaus could half drive.
"I don't ca-."
"Okay great, we'll just get our things." Klaus pat his chest, running up the stairs he went to his room.

"I know we don't get along the best but," Diego looked down at (y/n) "I do love you, and care about you very much-I'd die ten times over for any of you..." she finished in a whisper, about to leave and get in the car before Diego pulled her in unexpectedly, in shock for a moment she began hugging back. It seemed as though Diego really needed the hug as it carried on for quite some time, they pulled away letting her see the tears he had in his eyes.
"I care about you all too... Everything's-just." Diego swiped the tears away, blinking heavily.
"I know, I know, you've got me though-remember that." Diego nodded as he put his 'tough guy' persona back on.
"Even Luther?" She laughed.
"Usually." Klaus' loud thumping down the stairs let the two know he was near, after almost running into the chandelier the three of them got into Diego's car. Heading to who knows where.