Chapter 13 : Not Leaving Again

Finding Harold's address on the report the four started driving their way over in hopes of finding answers.
"Five?" Five turned, looking at where his girl was in front of him.
"Yes doll?"
"Next time-just-don't leave me alone again-ever?" His eyes softened.
"Of course... I had to go alone for a little while to get into the commission-if I'd have been able to take you with me I would have, far too dangerous with what I did." At his response she smiled, lifting a hand wrapped around her she kissed it before putting it back down.
"We're here." Diego caught their attention, the pair left the car hand in hand trailing behind the taller two.
"Be careful, okay? We don't know what Peabody's capable of." Allison warmed.
"Yeah, he didn't seem dangerous when I first saw him-looked kinda scrawny." Diego retorted as they reached the front door.
"Well so are most serial killers and mass murderers-just look at those two." Allison motioned to the small couple.
"Thank you, we try." (Y/n) beamed playfully.
"Thanks." Five grumbled.
"Good point. So what's this guy want with Vanya?"
"No idea." (Y/n) mumbled.
"How about we ask him after we kill him?"
"I like Five's idea."

"Whoa-whoa-whoa. Hey, look I'm gonna burst through-." Turning around Diego noticed Allison was missing.
"You know what? It would be nice for people just to stick to-." Five held (y/n)'s hand tighter as he spatial jumped them to the interior of the house.
"The plan... Great." Diego uttered, eyeing the door down he stepped back, then proceeded to throw himself through the glass at full force.
"Subtle." Allison commented to Diego who was currently laying on the floor.
"Y'know, the door was unlocked." Five turned the handle letting it fly open before closing it again.
"Yeah well, my way works just fine." Diego growled, taking (y/n)'s hand she had offered he stood again.
"Spread out. Yell if you-uh... You're in trouble." Diego groaned, limping into the living room.
"Inspiring." (Y/n) giggled.
"One of the greats." Allison agreed, the smaller couple stayed with each other while they all checked the place over. So far it had seemed fairly normal-as normal as it could be for someone like him at least.

"Guys, you need to see this." Five held (y/n)'s hand tightly as he jumped them to the top of the stairs where they joined Allison in the attic.
"All our faces are burnt off..."
"Almost all." Five picked a small figurine of (y/n) from one the sides.
"I don't know if that's better or worse-this is creepy." (Y/n) held the figurine in her hands, examining it closely.
"This guys got some serious issues." Diego murmured.
"Shit."
"This was never about Vanya," Allison spoke up as Five grunted, messing with his uniform "this was about us."

"Five," (y/n) caught her boy's attention stopping him in his tracks "are you okay?" Before he could answer he fell, (y/n) catching him as he coughed.
"Five-," she pulled up the side of her boy's shirt to find a shrapnel wound oozing with blood "you!-why didn't you tell me!" She held him tighter, panicking.
"You have to keep going. So-close..." Five wheezed, falling unconscious.
"Five-Five! Five!" (Y/n) screamed, sending objects flying around the room, along with throwing Allison and Diego back.
"We need to go-now!" (Y/n) thundered, ripping some of the shirt she wore she held it on the open wound, holding him as tightly as possible while she did so.

"Pass him." Diego ordered calmly from the bottom of the ladder, taking one last look at his face she lowered him carefully. When she'd gotten down herself she took him back, full sprinting to the car as Diego and Allison joined her.
"I'm driving-put pressure on the wound." Jumping in the driver's seat while the three took the backseats, Diego tossed over the keys.
"I thought you couldn't drive?" In return to Diego's question the car started shakily before barrelling down the road.
"Jesus!" Allison yelled as her and Diego held onto Five, putting pressure on the wound though it was difficult with (y/n)'s driving.
"(Y/n)..." Five murmured, eyes fluttering open and closed.
"I'm here baby-I'm here-I'm driving us back to the academy-you're gonna be okay." (Y/n) hushed, one hand raised to make the car go even faster with the other on the steering wheel.
"You need to go without me-we're so clo-."
"Five Hargreeves-have I ever gone on without you?" (Y/n) soothed.
"I-sure am... Lucky." Five breathed before passing out again.
"Shit! Check his pulse!"
"It's alright, old bastard just passed out again." Diego responded making (y/n)'s eyes roll, a sad smile playing on her features.

"We're here-you guys go ahead I'm bringing him in." (Y/n) instructed, moving fast to pick him up from the backseats while the other two held the doors for them.
"We should have taken him to the hospital." Allison muttered as they walked into the living room.
"A kid with a shrapnel wound might raise some questions." Five groaned, curling into (y/n) further.
"Yeah, well, so does the murder shrine in Harold Jenkins' attic." She responded.
"You're still losing blood baby, what do you need me to do?" (Y/n) lowered him onto a couch, kneeling beside him.
"Gotta get-the shrapnel out." He wheezed.
"Diego where are you going?" Allison questioned as she watched him walk out of the room.
"Mom?"
"Mama's awake? Mama we need help!" (Y/n) bellowed, brushing hairs from Five's face.
"What's the problem dear-oh my!" Grace rushed over seeing Five's condition.
"(Y/n) pick him up-Diego grab a first aid kit-Allison get some towels and water please." (Y/n) wasted no time at all as their mother led the pair into Five's room, setting him on the bed she watched his pained expressions causing her to tear up.
"It'll be alright (y/n)-he'll be okay." Grace kissed the top of (y/n)'s head.
"There's shrapnel-could I take it out?" (Y/n) questioned quickly, wanting it to be over as quick as it could for Five.
"You'll have to be extremely delicate okay?" Grace warned.
"Five-can I-?"
"Of course." Five weakly held her hand, giving her a loving look.
"Could you maybe-hold me down so I can't move too much?" (Y/n) gulped hard, knowing that Five was okay with it made it better but she still felt guilty for the pain he would be in.

Allison and Diego came to the room as (y/n) had both hands stretched outward, Five lay still only jittering violently and screaming as the shrapnel was pulled from his body. Diego made haste throwing the first aid kit in and running out, as it made him feel sick, Allison doing the same only more gently. Soon enough Five passed out from the pain, the shrapnel was finally pulled out.
"(Y/n), you did wonderfully. I'll take it from here." Grace lay a hand on her shoulder.
"Can I stay?-I wan-I need to stay with him." (Y/n) sniffled.
"Absolutely."

"Anything?" Diego and Allison stood at the door, watching Grace finish up with (y/n) sitting beside him, holding his hand.
"There's no answer at Vanya's place." Allison conversed with Diego.
"And the receptionist at her music school said she was a no-show for her lessons today." Diego nodded, the pair leaving the room. They peered back at the small couple a few times as they spoke, watching (y/n) sitting dazed completely silent, with Five unconscious.

Soon the pair were completely alone, (y/n) brushed her hands through Five's hair over and over never getting bored of the feeling.
"You said you wouldn't leave me alone again," she laughed, tears falling "you better stay true to that, Five." She buried her face into the mattress.
"I will." Her head shot up.
"God don't fucking scare me like that!" He laughed, she cupped his cheeks in her hands, pulling him in for a soft kiss. As it became more passionate Five pulled away.

"Close the door, doll?" Five whispered, (y/n) moved her hand closing it as they continued. Five pulled her closer and closer as the two ended up with (y/n) on top of him.
"Next time you scare me like that," (y/n) stared into his eyes as she teased him "I'll make sure you're sorry." He froze feeling a shiver run down his spine, (y/n) took the momentary distraction to lift his chin up, biting and sucking his neck.
"Fuck..." Five whispered breathing heavily, (y/n) laughed against his neck only making him more flustered.
"Hey gu-ohhhohoo." Klaus kicked the door open scaring them.
"Klaus!" (Y/n) was about to move when Five caught her hips, holding her in place.
"Get out." Five barked as Klaus laughed maniacally.
"I just wanted to check on my baby bro-." Before he could finish (y/n) shut the door.
"I'll come back later!" Klaus yelled, (y/n) laughed at the muffled response.