Chapter 7 : New Friend

"Don't stop," Five has appeared in the back of the taxi scaring the driver for a moment, (y/n) on his right side "just keep going." (Y/n) peered out of the window seeing Klaus dancing happily. Seeing them in the vehicle he waved then wandering off to who knows where. Five spoke to the driver, (y/n) picked up that they were going to some clothing store so she shot him a confused look.
"There's something we gotta get." Five took hold of (y/n)'s hand making her nod in return.

It had gotten quite dark now, rain covered the pair as they traversed the empty parking lot. Reaching the doors Five put his arm around (y/n) spatial jumping them through the locked glass doors. Keeping his arm in place as he guided her.
"You look really pretty in this lighting." Five mumbled, distracted.
"Only in this lighting?" (Y/n) faked offence allowing him to scoff.
"You know what I mean doll." Seeing a basket full of flashlights Five grabbed one, using it to show the way when they stopped at the end of an aisle, flashlight trained on some mannequins while they got closer.

"Eight..." Five uttered, staring at one mannequin in particular... Who happened to have the same skin colour and eyes as (y/n).
"Ohhh." (Y/n) realised, for some reason it hadn't upset her or anything of the sort. It felt endearing.
"It's good to see you. I brought the real you to meet you too. It's been a rough couple of days..." (y/n) tuned out, sensing people approaching.
"Five people are coming." She rushed, attempting to leave as soon as possible when two figures in masks appeared in front of them.
"No!" Five yelled as they emptied their bullets into Eight. (Y/n) attempted to stop and send back as many as she could although she hadn't been prepared enough. Five pulled (y/n) to one side under some clothes to hide.
"It's them."
"The commission?" (Y/n) questioned over the loud gunfire.
"Yeah." Five ran forward grabbing Eight and hiding her away.
"Can we come back for her?" (Y/n) gave a firm nod back. Five held (y/n)'s free hand, running in the opposite direction, spatial jumping behind some gardening supplies and picked up a trowel. Jumping them behind one in a pink mask Five used the tool to cut them, blood splattered slightly on the pair and they disappeared again. Running through the aisles (y/n) picked up a duffle bag big enough for Eight.
"I'll hold her-you focus on your jumps." (Y/n) instructed Five as she slung the bag strap on.
"Sounds good." Five took her free hand in his, running together while they were shot at continuously. Five attempted to jump only causing the two to feel the air around them grow weird.
"C'mon!" Five growled in frustration at himself, letting go of her hand to dive over a shelf (y/n) did the same. Taking her hand back in his they heard a voice right behind them.

"Got them." Staring into the barrels of their guns as their flashlights illuminated their figures, Five looked like a deer in headlights as (y/n) moved in-front of him protectively. Sirens blared, police cars pulled up to the store distracting them the small couple ducked behind the checkout, (y/n) placed herself over him with her hands at each side of him, the bag on the floor. Shielding him from any bullets that may find their way over. Five stared at her in surprise while she had her eyes shut tightly.
"Bastards jumped again."
"Come on let's go." Letting go of the breath she didn't know she was holding she fell beside Five, only now noticing a bullet wound.
"Five." Tears formed in her eyes making his chest hurt.
"It'll be alright, need to get back and get this-sorted." Five spoke painfully, the adrenaline leaving him.

Escaping through a back entrance in the building, hand in hand, they stumbled home down the dark streets together.
"God... This reminds me of all those nights when we'd walk around doing fuckall but enjoying the peace and quiet." (Y/n) hummed, fixing the bag strap on her shoulder.
"I'd love doing that again, when I'm not," Five looked at his wound "bleeding out."
"That'd be nice." She smiled as they saw the academy in their view.
"Sooner we get this fixed up-the sooner we can get back to saving the world!" (Y/n) informed holding a grandiose tone making him chuckle.
"Right you are doll." Reaching the door (y/n) went in first to hold the door open for Five. Closing it again they intertwined hands making their way up the stairs as they ran into Luther and Allison.
"Five? (Y/n)? What the hell happened?" Allison questioned as the taller pair looked them over, seeing the small drops of blood and Five's hardened glare.
"Are you guys okay? Can we help?" Luther reached a hand out as Five grabbed his wrist immediately.
"Nothing you can do." Five glanced to (y/n) again.
"Nothing the rest of you can do... (Y/n)." Saying her name he got her attention as they walked away to his room.