Chapter 11 : Fakecase

Watching the same man they'd tailed leave a motel room with a small container, Diego spoke up.
"Stay in the car, you too." He shot (y/n) a look.
"Why me too?"
"I wanna be the one that does it." He shut the door, wandering away.
"Are we staying in the car?" Klaus pondered, smirking.
"Mmm-no chance."
"Perfect!"
"Let's sneak up on him." (Y/n) ordered Klaus, the pair laughed before leaving the car, following Diego up a set of stairs next to the rooms where he had been about to throw a knife, only stopping when he heard Klaus.

"So what exactly is the plan here, big guy?" Diego turned around.
"I told you two to wait in the car."
"Yeah, but you also told Klaus that licking a nine-volt battery would give him pubes." (Y/n) smiled at the memory.
"We were eight." Klaus shrugged, before he could continue walking forward Diego began pushing the pair down the stairs, (y/n) laughing the whole time.
"What? Come on." Klaus groaned.
"For once in your lives I need you to listen to me, okay? Now, go back to the car. If I don't come out in two minutes that means I'm probably dead."
"Or you could be probably alive if I go in." (Y/n) lifted her hand.
"If that happens then you come in." Diego gestured to (y/n).
"Yeah, okayokayokayokay." Klaus shrugged him off making Diego nod before leaping back up the stairs again, stopping halfway to give an authoritative point towards the car.
"Okay." Klaus uttered, leading the pair away from Diego.

"... Let's go back up there." Klaus grinned as the pair turned around, getting close to the top of the stairs they heard a car driving by dangerously quick-followed by gunfire making Klaus leap forward, pulling Diego back as (y/n) swerved away as many bullets as she could manage.
"Oh man, see? You used to think we were idiots." Klaus spoke, breathing heavily.
"I still think you're idiots." Diego held his wounded arm, attempting to calm himself.
"They're getting away." Diego bounded down the stairs with the siblings in tow as they soon found Diego's tires had been slashed.
"Get in the car. Oh."
"Fuck." Klaus and (y/n) each kicked a tire in annoyance.
"Was this all part of your master plan? Hmm?" Klaus questioned.
"Shut up."

"... Dimwit brothers," they turned to the small girl "I have an idea." She poked her thumb in direction of the ice cream truck parked right by them.
"You want ice cream right now-you know what I could go fo-." Klaus stumbled.
"She means let's use it."
"Oh! I call driving." Klaus jumped, after Diego had pick-locked their way in and hot wired the car he sat in the passenger seat with Klaus driving, (y/n) remained standing in the empty space.
"Little puppet is it safe to be standing like that?"
"You don't have a seatbelt on, Klaus."
"You're full of good points."

Luther and Five parked their dad's old car on the side of a road next to some fields, seemingly nobody around for miles as they spoke to one another.
"-Think it was all those years alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind." Memories flashed to the long days and nights longing for (y/n)'s sweet embrace again, longing for anything-even just the sound of her voice would have been more than enough.
"Yeah well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough. It's the being alone that breaks you." Luther responded.
"I-all I wanted..." Luther looked to Five.
"I just-needed to get back to (y/n) again." Five blinked rapidly, turning his head to face out of the window.

"You think they'll buy it?" Luther referred to the briefcase in between them.
"Well, what I do know is that they're desperate. It's like a cop losing his gun. If the commission finds out, they'll be in deep shit. Oh-not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back."
"I should hold onto it."
"Hm?" Five hummed.
"In case they make a move on you."
"Okay Luther, but be careful. I mean, I've lived a long life but... You're still a young man. You got your whole life ahead of you. Don't waste it."
"You might've lived a long life but, you haven't lived a life with (y/n) yet." Five's eyes widened before returning to their former glare.
"... Yeah-yet." He mumbled, spotting a car approaching they got out of their's.
"If this all goes sideways... Tell (y/n) I'm sorry-and that I love her."