00.11

-I'm going to switch up this scene a bit-

Aspen's pov

"Hey, you look upset" a voice knocks me out of my trance, I glance up and see Luis. I smile and resume tying my skates.

"I'm okay" I lie. I feel like I'm trying to convince myself.

"Look, I'm not very good with girl emotions but I know somethings wrong." He adds and I stand up as everyone walks out of the locker room.

"Luis, I'm okay." I smiles and pat his shoulder walking past him. Coach called a last minute practice but wants us to stay in our normal clothes, it's been a few days since Jace and Elijah left, it's just normal practices. I've been helping Luis learn to stop, at practices we were studying how Iceland plays.

"Luis, I'm serious." I smile and pat his shoulder "I'm okay." I turn and run to catch up with the team with him behind me.

"Whatever you say" he laughs. Once we hit the ice Coach is there with miss Mackay.

We skate into a huddled up circle "shouldn't we have our gear on?" Luis asks, earning a 'yeah' from Averman.

"Guys this is our last team practice, which means-"

"The return of captain blood" Averman cuts coach off making everyone laugh a little.

"No" Coach rolls his eyes smiling, he reaches over and grabs a beach ball "it means let's have some fun" he tosses the ball up and everyone separates chasing after the ball. I stay where I am and Adam grabs my hand spinning me away from the group.

He stops my by holding onto my waist but releases me once we come to a full stop. "Hey" he smiles "you feeling better?" He asks.

"Yeah" I smile not a fake one, it's actually genuine. Something about this boy can make my mood lighten up sometimes. He pulls me into a hug, a very loose almost a fragile hug. But of course all great things come to a end...

On the other side of the rink stands the Iceland team. Stanson picks up the ball and pops it with his hands. Me and Adam skate over to the team. "Playtime is over. We have the ice now. you and your little rink rats must leave."

"Rink rats? Who are you to ca-" my words get muffled by a hand over my mouth. Everyone looks at me but then go back to looking between our coaches.

"We're right here coach" dean assured coach. I lick Adams hand making him release my mouth, but he keeps his firm grip around my waist not letting me move.

"The only thing little was your career in the pros" coach fires back making me laugh as well as the team.

"Gordon no, let's go" miss McKay tries to pull him away.

"Well, atleast I had a shot. I was there" stanson responds, his voice is so annoying. "And you had to get a Australian so you could even get close to beating us." Stanson doesn't even blink, his face stays stone cold while he talks.

"They could've done am-" Adams hand covers my mouth once again.

"Don't bring her into this" coach says and everyone glances at me. "You were a disgrace."

Stanson glares without moving a inch of his body. After moments of silence coach turns to us "all right team, we're outta here. Let's go I said, come on!" we all move to leave but stop as stanson voice stops us.

"Can you still move on the ice? Well please, play a little with me. Show me the famous triple deke your daddy taught you. Or was it that old geezer over there?" My eyes widen and Adam drops his hand. "While we're at it. Throw in the Australian, I'll throw one of mine in." He smirks and coach glances at me.

I nod lightly and he turns back to stanson. "Maria" stanson says and tosses Coach a stick. I skate up beside him. "Gunnar." A boy skates up next to him looking slightly guilty, he hands me a extra stick and smiles weakly.

My hand lightly shakes a little, but stops quickly. No gear, no helmet. God this is gonna suck if he's one of the douche bags.

"First to three. Have to take it out past the blue line."

"I know the game."

Coach and I get a pair of gloves, skating to the middle Gunnar looks nervous "I'm sorry" he mouths.  Our coaches circle around the puck and Gunnar charges at me making me slide on the floor, holy that's gonna leave a mark. He flies past me and I skate up to the coaches, I slide in between them and steal the puck picking ups speed I feel stanson behind me while Gunnar is running at me. I pass the puck and throw myself on the ground making me slide and them crashing into each other.

I slide into the wall and quickly set aside my pain. I get up and skate, coach passes to me and I drag it out to the blue line and score.

I hear a growl from stanson making me smirk lightly me and Coach high five before me and Gunnar set center. Gunner gets the puck but I immediately get it pack passing to coach. Stanson throws coach down and Gunnar gets the puck scoring.

This time Stanson gets the puck but Bombay tricks him and he falls, getting us the puck and scoring.

Gunnar skates towards me "I am very sorry for almost crushing you." He smiles lightly and skates back to Stanson.

I get the puck and immediately pass to coach who smiles down at Stanson "one more score and you go home crying. By the way, you owe me a new beach ball." Coach starts getting cocky. He's gonna cost us.

Stanson growls and jumps up, both coaches speeding down the ice. Stanson his coach in his bad knee with his stick. The team skates over and I quickly steal the puck while Stanson is watching coach on the ground. I shoot it in and turn to Stanson who looks like he's about to explode. "We still won" I say and skate to the team who's helping coach  and making sure he's ok.

"Get your coach off the ice, we have to practice now." Stanson glares directly at me.

Everyone holds dean back and I skate up to the team tossing my stick to Gunnar who still has a guilty expression.