00.15

Aspens pov

We all skate out in the new uniforms making the crowd get the loudest it has this game. "You got this, Aspen." Adam whispers into my ear before skating a different direction then me.

"You got this too." I smile to myself and watch him skate off. Oh god, the heartbreak when he goes back to Minnesota is already killing me.

We get in a huddle and everyone including the crowd chants 'quack'

"Gooooo Ducks!"

The crowd starts singing "we will, we will, quack you!"

We all set our places and I take left wing with Adam in right wing. The puck drops and Connie quickly gets in and skates down before she passes the puck to guy and gets checked against the wall. Guy passes to Ken.

Ken sends it back to guy and two Iceland players fall over their skates.

Guy skates down to me and passes me the puck, from me being where I am I have a perfect shot. I shoot and the puck glides across the ice before the alarm goes off. "Muah!" Adam yells over the crowd yelling.

"Muah!" I yell back.

I set center and dig my shoulder into sandersons stomach making him fall, dude I'm tiny compared to the dude. I pass the puck to Adam who passes to Connie. She shoots. And she scores.

I set left wing again after the cheering ends. Luis sets center and gets the puck, as he passes to Adam Iceland steals the puck. They shoot but Goldberg blocks it. Before Goldberg can get up, Iceland has the puck again but this time Gunnar scores with the open net to his advantage.

We just need two more points and we will be tied with Iceland with 7 minutes left in the game.

Connie and guy switch out with Fulton and Dean. Oh this is a dream team right here. Adam, Luis, Fulton, Dean, Goldberg and me.

I take center ice against Gunnar. "I'm so sorry for whatever pain I've had to put you through." He softly says.

"Calm down dude. It's part of the sport. All good" I smile at him.

I quickly get the puck and immediately start catching speed skating down. Two Iceland players come at me so I pass to Luis who is directly behind me. I brace for impact but instead Fulton and Dean get them on their backs.

I laugh before Luis skates infront of me. Oh no. He can't stop. "LUIS REMEMBER TO STOP!" I yell as loud as I can.

His speed gets slightly faster but he freezes shredding the ice from his skate. "Holy shit!" I yell a wide grin on my face "YOU DID IT!"

"I stopped!" Luis yells excitedly.

"PUT IT IN LUIS!" Coach yells.

"That's what she said" me and Adam say at the same time. This dude came out of nowhere.

Luis shoots and scores.

"Okay, so I'm setting center ice. When I get the puck, your gonna skate up ahead of me towards Iceland's goal and I'm gonna swerve off to the side and I'm gonna pass to you. Then you score. Boom! Perfect plan." Adam fist bumps me after telling me his plan.

"Got it, boss." I laugh before skating to right wing. Please let your plan work out Adam.

As expected he gets the puck, quickly I skate towards Iceland's goal. The goalie keeps his eyes on me and I block his view from Adam.

"I can smell your upper lip from here!" I yell, yes I know we agreed no bullying but I gotta distract him somehow. He looks down at his lip and touches it. I receive the puck smoothly and as soon as the goalie looks back up I shoot giving him no time to process what happened. The alarm goes off as well as the timer marking the 2nd half of the game was over. It was a tie.

You know what that means. 1 v 1 time.

We huddle and Coach glances at us "so I could only choose 5 of you but if I could choose more I would. Dwayne, Aspen, Adam, Guy, and Fulton."

(As much as I love Jesse, we are gonna have Aspen take his spot.)

"Dwayne your up first."

Dwayne takes a deep breathe and I nod to him, trying to reassure him.

He goes out and skates down the ice. He shoots and he- was blocked.

He skates back over to us his head hung low "you did good don't worry." I smile and he nods.

An Iceland player skates down the ice and shoots but is blocked by goldberg.

"Aspen." Coach looks at me.

I get up and hop out of the box "Aspen, wait." Adams voice makes me turn around holding my stick and helmet.

Before I can process anything going on, boom he's kissing me. Holy shit, is this what 'love' feels like? I kiss him back. The crowd awes and cheers. "You got this" he smiles at me once he pulls back.

I put on my helmet and skate to the puck. I skate a circle around the puck before softly kicking it to give it a start. I bite my lip in focus. The puck passes between my feet and I fake out the goalie that I'm gonna go left but I shoot right. The alarm goes off and I get a adrenaline rush.

I skate back in. "Adam your probably next so good luck." I take of my helmet and ruffle his hair.

Sanderson skates out glaring at me as he passes by. After his little show off moment he scores.

"Adam." Coach glances at his wrist making Adam nod, assuring coach he is ok.

Adam skates out before looking at me. I nod. He skates a circle and skates down. He performs a triple deke stick side. The alarm goes off signaling he scored. I cheer along with the rest of the crowd.

He skates back in and sits next to me. "Oh wow, that was very nerve racking" he jokes and I agree.

An Iceland player skates out and barely moves forward towards the goal before shooting and scoring.

"I guess it's my turn" Fulton sighs before skating out.

He kicks the puck lightly before skating closer to the goal and stops it. He winds back before shooting with all his power. The puck hits the goalie straight in the forehead causing him to fall back but nonetheless the puck makes it in.

The crowd and the team go wild.

Goldberg skates in as coach says something in audible to Julie and Julie skates out.

Julie puts on her helmet before Gunnar skates out. He kicks the puck forward and quickly catches up to it. One. Two. Three. Triple Deke, glove side. Everything falls silent and Julie opens her glove dropping the puck down. She caught it.

The entire crowd bursts out in cheering and I smile from where I am, not knowing if I should move or not.

I'm gonna miss this team.