00.13

Aspens pov

"Take a deep breathe, here we go!"

We skate out into the ice and i smile in awe at the crowd. Before we skate over to our desired benches.

We put our hands in the middle "USA ALL THE WAY!" We yell.

"Aspen I need you to be benched with Adam for the beginning."

"Bu-" I try to protest but coach cuts me off.

"Aspen just trust me." I nod and sit down next to Adam.

Averman sets center ice with a player from Iceland. Iceland get the puck and throws Averman to the ground making me wince.

"How you holding up?" I ask Adam my eyes still focused on the game.

"Oh my wrist? It feels amazing." He responds and we watch the game. Iceland shoots but Goldberg blocks their shot.

A player from Iceland trips Goldberg with his stick and another player scores.

The alarm goes off. 0-1.

"It's alright well get that one back" Coach reassures us.

I can't hear what Sanderson from Iceland says to Goldberg but Goldberg's charges at him only to be stopped by ken and Dwayne.

"Line change!" Coach yells.

"Guy, Jesse, Russ" Coach says and bends down to russ's level "you ready?" Russ nods "Get out there."

The three skate out. I look at Coach. "What exactly is your plan with us?" I ask.

"Well you two are my star players, so of course if I put both of you in. You get where I'm going?"

We both nod and I look at the game. "He's taking to long to hit the puck." I frown as Iceland steals the puck and scores.

"Aspen it isn't that serious." Adam laughs.

"Whatever weren't you just worrying about scholarships, mr hot shot?" I pout and nudge him earning a eye roll.

"We can't make it" Averman breathes out "Iceland's bigger, stronger, faster. They got more facial hair."

I rest my head on adams shoulder. Our team gets bumped and pushed. I feel coaches hand on my shoulder making me sit up. "Adam, Aspen, your on."

I jump out and coach keeps Adam back for a second.

Adam gets the puck and skated down the middle, a player from Iceland hits his back arm. I get the puck and frown but don't look back. I shoot and I score.

I turn around to see banks skating to the box. The crowd boos. "Aw your boyfriends hurt go help him" Sanderson skates up beside me.

"Screw off" I fake a smile and reset center ice going against my urge to check on Adam.