5-The unseen link

(Sans' POV.)

It didn't take long to check my soul in the true lab.

Alphys was surprised to see me, I couldn't blame her, we haven't stayed in touch for a really long time. I was thankful that she didn't ask the reason why I came here...well~ she asked but she didn't force me to answer.

The good news is (Y/N) isn't a patient person, she already felt boring during the testing, listened to all the scientific stuff she can't understand. She was more fretful when it came from Alphys stuttering mutter, I could see from her face...and her unstopping yelling.

So yeah... she rather stayed outside than being here, I didn't need to come up a good excuse to keep her out when I somehow didn't have any reasonable lies...... or I just didn't want to lie to her... but that's out off the point.

The bad thing is she can't be too far away from me, so now I have to awkwardly stand beside the front door.

" ......Sans, why are you keep standing s-so close to the front door? I-I won't be bothered if you come in, you know? " Alphys holding the test results confused about my weird behavior.

" Nah...you know me, Alphys. I stepped out of science a long time ago I just want the answer and leave. So...what about the test? " I shrugged to her tried to change the subject.

" R-right! Your soul has a strange bond with something unknown. " Alphys frowned at the papers in her hands.

"I-I couldn't figure out what ' THAT ' is, i-it's almost like a human soul container but empty...... I-I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE!! " She raised her voice and waved her hands violently like it's the most unbelievable thing she ever saw.

" Don't worry about it Alphys. I think I know what it is. " I spoke to her calmly, ignoring her nervousness.

" Y-you know? " She widens her eyes in surprise.

Yep... it's just a fucking murderer of the entire underground and somehow it's fucking messing my non-existent brain too! HOW GREAT IS THAT!?

" Yep, just tell me what this ' bond ' will do. " Not that I can change anything but at least I want to know it's not dangerous... than now I mean.

" W-well I'm not quite sure...... but it makes a link between you and it, the stronger side will give the weak side power to balance each other... it won't give too much power enough to hurting you though. " Alphys hesitated for a moment to phrased her words.

" Thanks, Alphys! " Welp, at least it's not as bad as I thought. An annoying (Y/N) floating beside me harmless? I can take that...

" W-Wait! " Alphys tried to stop me from leaving but I already teleported before she could say more.

" So~? What did she say? " (Y/N)'s curious face was the first thing I saw when I opened my eye sockets after teleported.

She didn't care where she been brought to, she only wanted to know the answer. The pure curiosity on her face warmed my heart in a weird way. It's not right!

" OH! Now you want to know then? Didn't you said that was ' boring nerd stuff '? You're probably too old to understand it, grandma." In order to shake off the unwanted feeling, I teased her.

" STOP CALLING ME THAT!! You gonna tell me or what!? " She yelled unhappily. Heh... for someone doesn't have feelings she sure angry a lot.

" How about you ask me nicely, huh? " I used a ' big brother ' kind of tone.

" No! Don't even think about I will be nice to YOU! " She pointed her finger at me rudely.

" Well then~ you do you. I just go to my Waterfall station. " I started walking. I knew she won't be nice all of sudden.
I don't need to tell her anyway, no loss to me.

Unexpectedly, she spoke!
" ...FINE!............please tell me........... "
The last part almost like a whisper but it already took me by surprise.

I never thought she would be polite, especially to ME! Although she said it very quietly.

Is it only me or she become softer in this timeline? It feels good she obeys my words...maybe I can make her obey something else............

.....................

NOPE!
Nope nope nope! Stop right there! You really start losing your mind, Sans... you were thinking some weird shit about your enemy.

" HEY! Comedy! Don't space out! I was asking you! Don't think I will say that again!! " She snapped me out of my thoughts. OK... I'm really really not myself right now.

(Y/N POV.)

Maybe he finally finished making fun of me, he told me the test results... but weirdly nervous for some reason.
It's hard not to notice his strange nervousness when the sweat cover all over his skull...disgusting.

His sweat always looks kinda like milk because of his white bone. I'll never drink milk ever again, not like I like milk when I still alive though.

Is it because I will draw power from him? But the power I get is so tiny I can hardly feel it!

I don't know what is he thinking! I also can't read the answer from his face since his expression barely change! Why he has to be so annoying!!!