Chapter 3

It was Saturday. Which meant lunch with Emily. And her team. You'd never had too much trouble socializing, maybe it had something to do with coming from a big family, but you were starting to feel a bit nervous. You were drying your hair, thinking of everything that could go wrong.  What if they hated you? What if you completely embarrassed yourself? Just when you were wondering if it was too late to back out your phone went off with a text from Emily.

Em: Can't wait to see you! everyone's gonna love you. Here's the address:
You:  See you soon!

Guess that was a no to backing out. You walked out of the bathroom into your room and opened you wardrobe. Eventually deciding on a green wrap skirt that stopped mid thigh, a black long sleeve tight fitting top and a black leather jacket. 
Socks. Shoot. Umm, You opened your sock draw. You should probably start putting these in pairs. You eventually grabbed a grey sock with avocados and a pink sock with bananas. Where were your shoes? There was still a box that needed to be unpacked so you opened it and saw a pair of purple converse. Where had those come from? You hadn't worn them since high-school. Your roommate from San Francisco must've found them and packed them for you. You put them on, actually tying them up before leaving this time. You spritzed on some perfume and left your apartment, almost surprised that Mark wasn't standing there. 

As you were getting off the bus outside the restaurant you saw Emily stepping out of a cab.
"Y/N!"
"Emily!" You made you way over to each other and gave her a hug.
"It's so good to see you! How've you been?"
"Good, I've been good. How are you? How's the FBI" 
She laughed, "It's good-well, as good as it can be. Do you wanna go in and get a drink before everyone else get's here?"
"I thought you'd never ask."

Once you had settled at a table and gotten a drink Emily had begun talking to you about everyone you'd be meeting.
"There's Garcia, an absolute sweetheart and tech genius, honestly a heart of gold; There's Derek, a total lady's man, in fact I might be able to set you two up, when was the last time you got laid?" You nearly choked on your beer. 
"Who else?" 
"Alright, alright, there's Rossi, or The Italian Stalion-"
"The what?" 
"But don't tell him that," She pointed her beer at you jokingly. "And there's- oh, speak of the devil," Someone had walked over to the table and you flicked your eyes from Emily up to see who it was, and your heart stopped in your chest. "Y/N, meet Spencer Reid."