Aj

I'M BACK WITH THE THIRD BOOK WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I felt that was necessary. I apologize. 

"Aj! Wake up! It's your first day!" My mom, Sophie, calls into my room. I groan, covering my head with my pillow. I hear my mom laugh, and I assume she sits on my bed, because it moves.

"You remind me so much of myself when I was younger." She reminisces. I sigh, taking the pillow off my head and sitting up to hear one of her crazy stories. I always loved the stories she told me about when she was my age. Her, my dad, uncle Dex, Auntie Biana, Uncle Fitz, Auntie Marella, Uncle Tam, Auntie Evangeline, Uncle Wylie, and Auntie Linh, all used to fight this group called the Neverseen. I never believed the stories, but a lot of people talk about it, so I guess it's true.

"Did I ever tell you how I met your dad?" She asks, moving to sit beside me. I shake my head. I was always curious about this. I mean, I knew my mom was raised by humans,a d that the Black Swan created her, which was why I had brown eyes, but I never figured out how parents met. Or how any of my parents friends met. 

"You're father would tell you this story differently, but this is what really happened.  It was my very first day at Foxfire. I was Level 2, and it was halfway through the year. I was in Alchemy class, when I burned myself. Lady Galvin sent me to the Healing Centre, but I got lost on the way. Keefe was ditching class on his favourite ditching spot. The first thing he ever said to me was "Are you lost?" We spent a minute talking before he actually showed me where the healing centre was." She tells me. I was shocked. I thought the story would be much more dramatic. Especially since dad was part of it. Everything is dramatic with him.

"Wow. I never knew that." I say to fill the silence.

"I know. Now get up! It's your first day of Level 2! You've got a dance to do!" She pumps her fists, while leaving. She shuts the door. I sigh, quickly taking a shower and getting ready. I hum a tune while I get ready. My mom let's me use her ipod from time to time, so I can hear human music. My favourite song is called I Lost A Friend by FINNEAS, which is what I was humming. I go downstairs, now humming No Time To Die by Billie Eillish. My dad here's my and looks up from the scrolls he was looking at.

"'Morning Aj." He says. 

"'Morning." I reply, sitting beside him. My mom puts out Blitzenberry muffins. We eat in a comfortable silence. 

"I'm done." I say, leaving my dish on the counter. My mom takes my dads plate and the muffins, before he can take a sixth one. She washes the dishes quickly, and we head to the leapmaster. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aj!" Jennifer waves at me. I try not to blush. Wait what. Okay fine, I admit. I have a crush on Jenny. Whatever. I hug my parents and walk over to my group of friends. My friends are pretty much all my parents friend's children, but I'm fine with that. My best friend has to be Ace or Jenny. Their both 13, my age, and they're twins. Their parents are Biana and Dex. There's also Emma, who's a year younger, and her parents are Wylie and Linh. Then there's Evangeline and Tam's kids, the twins, Cassie-who we call Cass-and her twinJacob-JJ-, who are 15, and their 9 year old brother, Caden-Cade. Last, theirs Marella and Fitz's girls, Charlotte, who's a year older than me, and her younger sister Jewel, who's 10. Cade and Jewel are starting Foxfire next year, but the rest of us are already in.

Me, Jenny, and Ace are starting Level 2, Emma is starting Level 1, Charlotte is starting Level 3, and Cass and JJ are starting Level 4. We go to our separate spots backstage, and we wait for our turn to do our dance. It's not long before the Level one's are done. We're up. We file onto the stage. We start the dance. I somehow don't mess up through the whole thing. I guess today I don't have my mom's clumsiness. 

Once all the dances are done, we all meet up with our parents, and we listen to the council's announcement. (A/N~Correct me if they don't do classes on the first day cuz I can't remember and I don't have my books with me rn) Then we all head to classes. My first class is The Universe. It's definitely one of my better ones. I memorized all the constellations already, since I have a photographic memory. My mentor is Lady Veda. She's impressed on how I memorized all the stars and planets and stuff. I think all the teachers forget that I have a impenetrable mind like my mom and my aunt Evangeline.

The day goes by quickly, until I finally get to telepathy, which I share with Jenny. I know we're a lot younger than my mom and uncle Fitz were, but the Forkle dude wants us to be cognates. I don't really know why though. Telepathy is my all time favourite session. The mentor is normally Tiergan, and he's super cool once you get to know him. I walk in the room and drop my books.