Chapter 2

A series of knocks sounded across the room, before a small clack followed, announcing the arrival of someone; assumingly, a nurse.
"Come in please." Elizabeth said, as she welcomed the lady in a tender tone, smiling at her brightly, before propping herself up, from her previous laying position.

"Oh, don't worry, you can stay laying."
The nurse whispered, as she watched Elizabeth exert much effort, trying to sit up, as she already knew that the nurse had brought her son, for, "bonding."
Just like how Elizabeth had guessed, in the blue robed nurse's embrace, held a small, fuzzy contorted blanket, that wrapped itself around a small, tiny, fragile infant.
Due to her restricted view, Elizabeth's curiosity wasn't satisfied, as she only could set her sights on the blanket, and nothing more, leading her to move around restlessly, to the blue-robed woman's obliviousness. But, in a short moment, the nurse latched on to small rustles, leading her to a pair of impatient, glistening eyes, only causing her respond in a chuckle.
"Yes, yes, here's your son."

Elizabeth's hands trembled as her finger stroked across the blanket, that gave off a nostalgic smell, almost identical to-...

Oh-my lord-!
Elizabeth's entire body shook, the second she looked at her sons appearance, as tears unconsciously started to drip down her face, completely swaying her emotions in a overwhelming manner.
She tried to restrain, and regroup herself, yet, no much she tried to salvage her broken wall, they fell like watery-mud.

Why...Do you look exactly like him...
.
.
.
The room, and ongoing sounds became of minor importance, fetching itself ignored, as Elizabeth's head spinned in utter confusion, and pain.
.
.
.
Is God giving me another chance...?
.
.
.
Is this a chance to atone for my bad parenting, in my previous life...?
.
.
.
I see...
.
.
.
"Then, this time, my dear son, I will definitely protect you."

"Elizab-"

"Hm?"

In her rather, short, "wrap-one's-mind-around", session, Elizabeth's mother had returned from the trip for food, holding a white plastic bag in her hand, as another grasped the silver door handle.

"Oh, mother."
She replied wittily, in a receiving manner, while Elizabeth observed her standing mother darting her eyes in all directions, in an exhibit of clarified bewilderment.
"I...Thought you were going to..." Elizabeth's mother voice trailed off, as she pointed towards the child, cradled lovelily in Elizabeth's slender arms.
"I changed my mind, as I believed I was rather rash, and immature to make such a decision." Elizabeth smiled at her son, while gently bringing her finger to poke playfully at his small, smooth, jade-like cheeks, while he laid asleep.

"Because I'm his mother, I have to provide him the best I can...Even if he doesn't have a father, for that doesn't matter. I shall only give him a warm, and ordinary, loving childhood, and watch him walk down the path he wishes."
She gazed at her mother with a sentimental look, as determination flared in her brown eyes, well knowing that her mother had only hesitation present.

Though, it was to be expect, as, Elizabeth was only 17, and just had decided to take care of her child, despite her complaints in the past, explaining her unwillingness. Not to mention, who knew if she'd abandon her duties in the near future, simply because they were too tiresome to complete?
Her mother knew this quite thoroughly, and was concerned with Elizabeth, and even more so, with her grandsons future.
Elizabeth glanced at her son once again, before mumbling in a tender smile;
"I shall name you Neo...For our new beginning, yes?"

◢✥◣

"WOAHH, where the hell did you these noodles?" Elizabeth exclaimed in content, while she munched down on her food, in an etiquette-less fashion.
"Hey...Uh...Dear..." her mother said in a low, mazed tone, as her hands reached towards her daughter, in concern, who seemed to hoard a possibility of choking soon.
"huN, fha ie, ie?" [Huh, what is it?]
"Please slow down, you might choke hun." Elizabeth's mother said in a fretful voice, wiping the sides of her face with a white, cotton handkerchief, while narrowing her eyes.
"Yea, Ye, ga-is, aangs mom." [Yeah, yeah, got it, thanks mom.]

She's probably thinking why I'm talking informally now...Ha...