Chapter 5

<Third Perspective, Elizabeth>

Y'know, if she dressed herself in pretty clothes, don't even mention flowers lowering their heads in shame, drowning fishes, not flapping birds, or the moon; the brothel would pay millions for my face.

hair flip

...

Ah, sorry, maybe the brothel isn't a good reference.

.

Elizabeth wrapped her hands around her waist, sucking in her stomach, as she continued admire her reflection in the lake water, becoming oblivious to the wooden, almost-broken pail, that floated nonchalantly beside her, before a small sigh left her lips.

Darn, this Elizabeth is underrated on her looks.

She cognitively complained, in a frustrated, and perhaps, in a disappointed tone, while she squatted back down, to the sand hearth, continuing to fill her pail with the clear, cold, diamond-like liquid. Her hands gently scraped the flat, soft surface, causing small, radiating ripples to unfurl, as she dragged the pail onto the grey, smooth pebbles, waiting for the water to rush into the pail by itself.

Not before long, the pail was swelled to the brim, with cold, icy-crisp, lake water, and as Elizabeth stood up, earnestly dusting off her ragged skirt, she placed the pail, on a rock, beside her. But, of course, hadn't realized that, though she put the pail away from most danger, it was most definitely, accessible by the person, who could turn her dreads into certain reality; Neo, who crawled close enough to the pail, with an unwanted, small hint of curiosity.

Playfulness flickered across his eyes, as his hands reached out towards the strange, wooden cylinder, that stood taller than he was, but alas, this strange creature was much more stronger than him. For a small poke would not do the slightest damage, or even make the water inside shake, despite that Neo felt the power of the galaxy aid him in the beginning, of his miraculous conquest.

Neo retreated his finger, accepting the wordless duel of strength, that ceased to happen from the fat, wooden cylinder, while he narrowed his eyes, preparing for his final, victory-grabbing move;

The.

Push.

Almost instantly, his hands, opened as wide as the sea, made their way to the side of the pail, before he put both of his hands on the wooden surface, almost as if, he was playing a gentle, fun round of, "patty-cake."

But unfortunately, his push hadn't even caused the pail to move, at all, but, Neo was definitely not discouraged; his entire body leaned forwards, channeling his body weight to his arms, letting his push become more enhanced, as he felt a guaranteed triumph wash over him.

"HMMMMMMMMMMPH.."

.

.

.

Clack, KULm, bWAao, SssSwsh...

.

.

.

"Neo...?"

Elizabeth whispered, with a small peak of curiousity, as she turned around to the resounding, source of the noise, before inevitably seeing her son, staring at her with his arms, still in a pushing position.

"...Neo...Where's the pail?" Lindsey asked, in a bewildered tone, as she put her hands on her hips, while her eyes scanned for the missing pail, before finally her sight on it broken, in the water.