.04

"HEY APRIL, I KNOW IT'S LIKE TWO IN THE MORNING-"

Spencer turned the corner, following the directions her dad had given her. They arrived five minutes prior, and Spencer was finally coming to terms with the fact that her dad was not a guy with a lame job like she had been led to believe.

So she was heading to the bathroom to break down.

While leaving a voice message for her best friend, April.

"And I may have gone off the deep end," she mumbled, peering down the hallway, and behind her for good effect. She lowered her voice, "But I think my dad knows Tony Stark?" she turns another corner, and checks to make sure no ones there. The lights are on, but she can still feel the effects of the night; the absence of people and sound.

"Well," she tilted her head, peering inside a door. Lab, she identified. Not bathroom. "I know he knows Tony Stark because the guy showed up at his apartment-"

Her free arm wrapped around herself as she ventured further into the hall. "And I know I promised you nothing was gonna happen-"

"So you should probably hear this first from me-" she continued as she pushed open the bathroom door, letting her voice rise a little, and growing comfortable with the echo the room was providing. She didn't feel so alone anymore. "But yeah," she added, standing at the sink and drinking in her reflection.

Great. She met Tony Stark while looking like a hot mess.

And who could forget about the glass of water she spilled all over his shoes!

"I mean," she started again, propping her arm against the sink. it was a nice bathroom.

Very Tony Stark facility level.

"He never cared to mention this? You'd think-" she picked at the fraying ends of her jacket, "that means he could visit me more often if he's getting paid better or whatever," she added. "But I guess if I was friends with Tony Stark I wouldn't go to Kansas-"

Oh, God.

Something in the mirror moved.

Horrified, Spencer ended the voice message, shoved her phone in her pocket, and spun on her heel so fast blood rushed to her head and she was ready to fall over.

There was a girl in the bathroom. Okay, specifically, there was another girl in the bathroom who was about the same age as Spencer, but in her opinion, much prettier - she had long brown hair and these super cool blue eyes that were almost gray.

Stop staring!

Spencer blinked out of the fear, and immediately began, " I didn't know anyone was in here-" she shifted away from the sink, and her eyes darted to the stalls. She'd like to flush herself down the toilet right now. her hand shot up, raking through her hair as she went to start again.