Chapter 13

Naruto POV~

When Kurama's outside form faded, I turned toward the entrance of the cave. 

"So, are we going or not?" I asked, bouncing on the balls of my feet.

"Uh, yes. Yes, let's go."

I grinned. I could see that Tsunade was still taken aback by meeting Kurama, but this was a much better reaction than I expected, to be honest.

We made our way to the Hokage tower, again avoiding busy routes. When we entered the office, the three elders were there and waiting. They glared at me, and I just grinned back as a way of baring my fangs.

"So you've arrived." Danzo said.

"I've arrived." I raised an eyebrow, keeping a small, easy smile on my face.

Koharu spoke up, "Tsunade, we've decided on something."

"What would that be? If you've been discussing important matters behind my back, I'd rather know about them." Tsunade growled.

That doesn't sound good.

"We've agreed to let this brat's release go, on one condition."

"That wasn't the decision, if I recall." Tsunade clenched a fist. Not a great sign.

"We never exactly agreed, if I recall." Danzo said calmly. I would never show any sign of weakness in front of these three old hags, but my stomach fell into a pit just thinking about what  he was talking about.

"Anyways, it is known that, left untamed, the Kyuubi's power could be dangerous." Danzo continued, "So, we agreed that the three of us should also have some level of command over Naruto."

Kurama growled, his fury spilling out in his chakra. I narrowed my eyes at Tsunade. I know she was trying her best fighting for me, but it seems she hasn't fully convinced the council.

"What you said makes sense, in a way, Tsunade." Homura said, "But it doesn't make sense that he should only listen to you and not us, your advisors. Not giving us any authority at all -"

"Remember what I told you geezers?" Tsunade's eyes were squeezed shut, and she was basically trembling in rage, "If you try anything, I'll make sure you're the ones in a prison cell. That's what I said. Now, stop butting in and get the fuck out of my office!"

The three of them stayed silent, but they didn't move. Tsunade glared at them with that murderous glint in her eye.

Danzo sighed, "We'll say it again. I'm not letting this slide so easily, Tsunade. You've shown too much leniency for a Hokage. The least you can do is give us a bit of authority as well."

I glanced over at Tsunade. "I'd rather go back to my cell."

Tsunade growled, "Are you saying I'm not fit to be Hokage? Say it again and I'll have you thrown in the same cell I just got Naruto out of. I will not take away his rights as a human just so that a bunch of withering fools can take control of him."

"We are not seeking to control him." Danzo said, "But for him to listen to only you is absurd -"

"I listen to who I respect." I interrupted. All eyes turned to me. "People I respect include Tsunade,  Jiraiya, and Kakashi sensei. Even if Baa-chan agreed to give you any level of command over me, I would never do a single thing you tell me to, because I don't have a single drop of respect for the people who've been causing nothing but pain my entire life."

The room was silent. Danzo narrowed his eye, "For you to not show respect to your elders. You are quite a brat, you know that? If you are truly loyal to Konoha, you must have obedience towards -"