•Chapter Four: Elevator Motion Sickness•

A/N: Hey! It's been a few days, but here I am again! I've been playing Stardew Valley and watching Phoenix Drop High again and I must say— it's been quite the ride. I have a bad habit of getting into so many different things, which is the issue with my tumblr account because that was strictly BNHA, but this wattpad account is whatever I want it to be. I'm thinking of doing a PDH story, too. I just don't know who I want to do it for yet. If that's something you'd like to see, let me know! Character suggestions are welcome, too. And yes, even though he's evil, I would totally write for Ein. Also, sorry if this one is kinda boring. I understand a lot of people want the romance and the angst really quickly, but I don't just want to talk about the Character x Reader aspect. I want to talk about the reader, too! I think it's important to establish a life and how it's lived when writing, but I'm sorry if that kinda stuff bores you! Despite that, I truly hope you enjoy! ~Via

[DISCLAIMER:] I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO ANY CHARACTERS ASIDE FROM MY OC. THEY BELONG TO APHMAU, AND YOU BELONG TO YOU.

***

fika noun

fee • ka 

1 : almost like a ritual in Swedish culture, it's sharing a cup of coffee (or tea) with friends or colleagues

      You put your hand over your mouth as you yawned, your teacher droning on and on about things you've already learned. College algebra was more of a review of ninth grade algebra than it was anything else. The small swirls that you'd made on your notes had grown larger and larger as you continued.

      It felt like days had passed before class was finally over, and you were relieved of your obligation to attend redundant lectures. You packed your things and bolted out the door. Now, it was time to go to work. You didn't mind work, though. The small café was quaint but cute, and everyone that worked there was always so kind. It was quiet, so when business wasn't insane— not that it ever was— it was the perfect place for studying.

      You got into your car, smiling when you looked around. There was a slight breeze making the trees sway and hum as birds sang into the wind. Everything was calm in this area, unlike in the bustling city you called home. If you could afford it, you'd move out here somewhere in search of peace, though you know you'd miss your friends dearly. They weren't always financially dependable, but they made you laugh, and that was somehow good enough for you.

      You rolled your windows down to let the breeze flow into your vehicle and through your hair. You pulled out of the parking lot, letting out a content sigh as you drove through the small town where your university resided.

      It was about a half-hour drive from the university to the café. You had to admit, although it was a short drive, it was one of your favourite parts of the day. There was no one to lecture you, no complaints, no nothing. It was just you, the quiet beat of the radio, and the sounds of the nature around you. For 30 minutes, you were yours, and there were no responsibilities to weigh you down.

***

      The smell of the freshly ground coffee beans wafted out of the café, filling you with a sense of tranquillity as you made your way into the small building. Mrs Brodeur, though she insisted you call her Esmé, smiled at you from behind the counter as she handed the customer her coffee.

      "Good afternoon, Y/N! How were your classes?" Esmé grinned, wiping down the counter before handing you your apron. You put it on, smiling at the woman before telling her about your day.

      "You don't like math, do you? We have another order, by the way," she chuckled, grabbing her mortar and pestle to start grinding more coffee beans.