•Chapter Five: Coffee Date With Noi•

A/N: Hey guys! How are you? Swell, I hope! I'm doing wonderfully. I'd be doing even better if my puppy would hurry up and understand potty training— but alas, he's only nine weeks old, so I can't expect a little baby to understand the concept of using the outside as his toilet. He's super cute though! His name is Skye and he's a pomksy. Which is my absolute favourite mixed breed. Huskies are my favourite pure breeds. Anyway, enough about that! I hope you enjoy!! ~Via

[DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS ASIDE FROM MY OC. THEY BELONG TO APHMAU, AND YOU BELONG TO YOU.]

PLUG-INS: 

Y/FBS - Favourite Book Series

***

ardor noun

ar • dor

1 : an often restless or transitory warmth of feeling

      You frowned down at your book, sipping your tea in the dim light of the kitchen. The microwave read 4:47. You'd been awake since three, and you couldn't go back to sleep. So, here you sit with orange jasmine green tea and the second book to Y/FBS, waiting for exhaustion to overtake you.

      As soon as the mug touched your lips, you heard the front door click closed, and you froze. Your heart was racing as footsteps sounded through the hall, getting closer and closer to the kitchen. You tried to move, but you were petrified. Someone was breaking into your house— and you hadn't a clue on how you planned to defend yourself and the people in your apartment. Not when it was someone who likely had a gun on them.

      You'd seen enough crime shows to know how this ends, and it doesn't end well for the one who brings a frying pan to a gunfight. You looked around you— maybe if you found a place to hide, you could attack from behind. You looked at the other side of the counter, darting over there to conceal yourself before the robber could find you and ultimately kill you.

      You heard the footsteps walk slightly past you before you leant over to get a good look at the delinquent in your home.

      "Y/N? What the hell are you doing?" Evangeline asked, tilting her head quizzically.

      "I thought... er, I don't really know," you admitted, smiling nervously.

      "Get up from there! I have to tell you about what happened—"

      "Eve, it's incredibly late, and I have school tomorrow. Today, technically." You sighed, running your fingers through your hair.

      "And yet, you're still awake. Come on, please? A lot has happened in the last two days!" She complained, a whining tone overtaking her usual chirpy voice.

      You rolled your eyes before nodding, making your way back to the kitchen where your now lukewarm tea sat. She followed suit, sitting on the stool next to you as she began telling you the wild adventure she went on two days ago.

***

      By the time Eve had finished, it was almost six. You were exhausted, and all you wanted was to sleep, but you couldn't. Your eyes were practically stapled open wide, but your brain wasn't functioning as it should. You were currently standing in front of the bathroom mirror splashing cold water onto your face to help wake up.

      The bags under your eyes had grown a substantial amount more than usual, and your lids felt so heavy. Yet, they wouldn't close. You let out a quiet breath, turning to head out of the bathroom to get ready. School started at nine in the morning, so you could very well rest at most for an hour and a half, but you needed caffeine. What better place to acquire caffeine than that of a coffee shop?