Chapter 7

Narrator's POV : -

Narrator's POV : -

Armaan felt as if his purpose of life is right now in front of him. Shreshtha too shared similar feelings. She has never seen someone looking so handsome, so beautiful. For the first time she felt that maybe Aditi might be true after all.

After what seems like forever Shreshtha comes down and stands in front of them.

For Armaan she was the definition of Perfection.

Her outfit was simple. But it enhanced her natural beauty. With minimal make up, Shreshtha looks what Armaan could only describe as an angel. An angel sent from heaven just for him.

Shreshtha then took Ayush's and Janaki's blessings. Their happiness could be seen in their eyes.

When she looked at him. He felt as if his breath got stuck in his throat. Needless to say, our dear Armaan has utterly, devastatingly, hopelessly fallen in love with her. And when she gave him a small smile along with that uttered a small,"Hi.", he knew that she was everything he ever wanted.

"Kaisi ho beta ?? Kitne dino baad dekh rahi hoon. Yaad hai last time shayad maine tumhe Aditi ke reception mein dekha tha. Us din bhi khubsoorat lag rahi thi aur aj bhi. Bhagwaan tumhe duniya ki saari khushiyaan den." Janaki said lovingly to her daughter.

"Arre Janaki Shreshtha beta ayi aur tum usse baate karna start kar di. Beta kuch loge aap ?? Aapki maa humare liye kuch zyada hi khana bana chuki hai. Tum bhi khao humare saath." Ayush asked her daughter.

"Nahi nahi Uncle. Main thik hoon aap khaiyye naa."

Shreshtha was really emotional seeing all the love they were showering upon her. But still a small part of her was scared. Scared if she fails to live upto their expectations.

On the other side, Shreshtha's parents were happy as well as nervous. Happy seeing the way they are with their daughter. Nervous thinking how the meeting will go on.

Shreshtha and Armaan's parents started making small talks. They both were happy. They had waited for so long. Both had a feeling that Armaan already likes her but still they wanted them to talk and get to know each other.

On the other hand Armaan was getting restless. He wanted to talk to talk to her and spend some time with her alone.

Sensing her son's feelings Janaki proposed that it would be a good idea if Shreshtha and Armaan talk and get to know each other.

Her parents readily agreed.

And then they both went to the terrace.

It was Shreshtha's favourite place. She always comes here to calm herself down and today also the place did a marvelous job of calming her down. Also the view is amazing.

However after some time Shreshtha started feeling nervous again

However after some time Shreshtha started feeling nervous again. The close proximity was creating a havoc in her system.

Armaan being the sweet guy he is sensing her nervousness thought it would be the best if he starts the conversation.

"So I know probably that you already know my name but still let's have some introduction. Hi I am Armaan Dixit. CEO of The Dixit Enterprises Ltd. And you are ?"

Hearing this Shreshtha couldn't help but burst out laughing.

On the other hand Armaan was busy enjoying the moment, her melodious laughter.

Finally Shreshtha stopped laughing and then replied with a giggle, " Hi nice to meet you too. I am Shreshtha Roy. IAS Officer."

"But I must say you look really beautiful today. Just like an angel." He said with such an intensity.

Shreshtha blushed but then replied, " You don't look bad yourself."

"You know I have always wanted to meet you. I have heard that after you joined you took the reigns of the falling administrative system and lead it to amazing heights. It is really inspiring. And I have to thank you for that because if it wasn't for you then the economy too wouldn't be so good and powerful as it is now. Smooth administration helps us a lot. And I should thank you for that."

"You don't have to say thank you. It's my job and I love to do it. It was my dream. And I am glad that am contributing towards my nation."

"It must be really amazing to work then Han ?"

"Yes it is. We maintain a friendly atmosphere. I am lucky to have a great, hardworking, down to earth and talented team. It is really rare finding such people but I am glad I do."

"But they are successful in what they do because they have such an amazing leader."

"Thank You. But what you do is really inspiring too. In the international arena our country now has got a very good status. All thanks to you."

"Thank You"

And then they started making small talks regarding their likes, dislikes, hobbies etc. and both Shreshtha and Armaan realized that they infact love to spend time with each other. Time passes by smoothly when they have the company of each other.

And then Armaan said something which warmed Shreshtha's heart.

"Shreshtha I don't know if you will say yes or not but I promise you that I will be what you need. I will the friend when you need one, I will be the partner when you need one, I will protect you, cherish you, love you my entire life. You are the queen of my heart."

"Thank You so much Armaan for being so understanding and patient."

"Shh don't say thank you okay ?? Ab chale nahi toh sab sochenge ki ham yehi pe so gaye."

"Thik hai. Let's go."

And then they made their way downstairs where both the families were sitting. And they were pleasantly surprised to see that both their families bonding so well.

Janaki first noticed them standing and then asked them to come and sit and when she asked Shreshtha, "Shreshtha beta isse pehle ke tum kuch decision lo main chahti hun ki tumhe ek baat bolun. Thik hai. Koi jaldi nahi. Agar tumhe time chahiye to tum be jijak humse bolna haan. Hum naaraz nahi honge. Shaadi ek important cheez hai life mein. Jiska decision hume bohot soch samajh ke lena chahiye."

Hearing all these firstly from Armaan and from his parents she felt really happy as well as emotional. As weird as it sounds in just a small period of time she had felt a connection with them that she has never felt with anybody. So she decided to say yes. Aditi might be right after that probably they are what she has always wanted.

Everybody was expectantly looking at Shreshtha, especially Armaan and his parents when she smiled brightly and firmly with a strong conviction said,

"Aunty I don't want to take time. My answer is yes."

Hearing her say that Armaan's happiness knew no bounds. Same was with his parents but still Janaki wanted to make sure and when she asked that, she said,

"I have never been surer of anything else in my life."

Hey lovelies.

Hope you like the chapter. What do you think ? Write down your thoughts in the comments section.

Shreshtha *looking at Armaan and blushing*

Sunetra *seeing that started whistling*

Armaan *chuckles*

Sunetra *laughing*

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Read on lovelies.

Love.

Sunetra 😊😊