Prologue

Chaos watched in glee, then in horror as Fate began making her Multiverse.

Fate shouldn't have put a Balance in, they whined internally. It ruined all the chaos.

Destiny smiled as Fate made a perfect Balance, split into two facets. Creation and Destruction, and Hopes and Fears. Each part had two guardians, Gods who lived in harmony with their opposite.

Fate watched with a smile as Errant, Inkblot, Daydream, and Nightmare wandered around the Multiverse. It was rather empty for now, but that would soon change.

Ink would take inspiration from the universe Fate created, called Undertale, and his Voices would give him ideas.

Error's Voices would tell him what universes needed to be destroyed for others to flourish, as well as remind him when to stop, for the Balance was just that: a balance; neither too much nor too little was good.

Daydream and Nightmare did not play such an active role, and thus did not require many Voices. Being as attuned to emotions as they were, each required only one Voice to remind them; even then, it was rarely used. They simply guarded the Tree of Feelings from outsiders.

Fate sighed, the soft smile slipping from her lips. It was boring to watch her Multiverse, but each Deity could only have one at a time. The only options were to change the Multiverse,

Or destroy it.

Both were rather risky.

If she destroyed her Multiverse, there was no guarantee the next one would suit her needs, and it would likely be significantly less stable.

On the other hand, major changes after so long of things remaining the same would cause it to destroy itself as surely as if she'd done it on her own.

Clearly, then, she needed to start small.

Destiny looked up from her own Multiverse and saw what Fate was planning to do. "What are you thinking, sister?" she asked, hoping to persuade her twin. "This is not how things are supposed to go! It is not their destiny!"

But she was too late, and the strings of Fate entwined with the Gods' SOULs, and the Multiverse was forever changed.

-----

Well, this is a thing. Hope you enjoy. Again, this was co-written by The-Punmaster and DJInkSans.

356 words