II: Reliving the past (2/5)

The bell rang as I left the classroom. I didnt wait for Yuri or anything and just kept on walking to the gate.

"Unnie!!!" I suddenly felt someone push my back. I already know who it is so I just continued to walk. "How did your exam go?" She pulled me to stop and slowly smiled.

"It went well, I cant wait for the results" ohhh ... is she bragging about doing well? Pshhh, I would've aced the exam if it hadnt been my deal with her.

"Did you keep your promise?" I tilted my head and pretended to forget about the promise. "Huh?"

"Eyyyyyyy~ you cant fool me. The word forget isn't in your vocabulary" I giggled and continued walking. "Unnie~ yahhhh~ where are you going?"

"Secret" I shook my head and left her just standing there. She might forget about today but I haven't. Today, exactly 12 years ago we met at the park. She was standing all alone by the swing set. And we instantly became friends.

Later on we found out that our parents already know each other which made us become even closer. Every year I give her a handkerchief. Just like what I did when we first met.

She remembers it the first six years but when the seventh year came she just forgot. I don't know what she does with the handkerchiefs I give her but I hope she keeps them.

I arrived home and grabbed the handkerchief from the drawer. I smiled thinking about how I give her the same design each year. I wonder if she'll remember this year though.

I placed it at her study table and went to my bed. Based on her speed she'll be arriving here in a few seconds. The door suddenly slammed open. Revealing her with a bright smile in her face.

"Today's such a great day!" Yuri only acts weird when something good really happens or maybe she got hit in the head? Who knows?

"Why?"

"I did well on my exam, I went to school early, my breakfast was delicious ..." she continued to give random reasons for her to be happy today. I just kept on nodding to make her think that i'm supporting her.

"And most especially, Today is Hanky day!!!" I sat up and looked at her. "Hanky day?" She nodded eagerly.

"You thought I forgot did you?" I slowly nodded. "How could I forget? Where's no. 12?" she remembers that today is the 12th year. I couldn't help but smile and point her the handkerchief.

She took it with a smile and went to grab a pen. After a few seconds she wrote something in it. I went to her and looked. "Twelve" she gave me a nod.

"That means its been twelve years since we first met" she slowly smelled the handkerchief and went to her drawer. She had this box that I've seen lots of times. She told me that I cant see whats inside no matter what. "Can I look inside?" She shook her head.

I was about to leave her alone. "You can" I turned around and ran towards her with a big smile. "When i'm dead" she laughed at me as I left her alone in our room.

I cant blame her though, once I see even a bit of it. I'll remember everything. Even the ones that she wants to hide from me.

But whatever that is, I know i'll still love her for it.

///////////

This story may or may not be continued...