Chap 8-Diagon Alley

It's been a few weeks since my birthday, and it's getting closer and closer to the first day back at Hogwarts. Draco and I are SO excited to get to go back. Since we started dating, I learned that he and I are neck and neck as the top in our class, so maybe we could be Head Boy and Head Girl together and share the conjoined dorm. It's so exciting thinking about sharing this new school year with my new family. I just wish my old family still cared for me like they used to. I wish things didn't end up the way they did, but I'm so thankful that everything happened because I feel at home here. Blaise is the best twin I could ever ask for, and Draco is the best boyfriend. I love having Pansy and Theo, and now Dawn is here with me too. Everything just feels perfect. I hope things stay that way for a while. After everything that happened at the ball, I have a huge feeling that things are not going to be as easy as I hoped it would. With school around the corner, Ron and Harry have many opportunities to reak havoc on my new family and friends. 

Speaking of school, I wonder when I'm getting my letter. It should be soon. Before I can think another thought, I hear tapping on my window and turn around to find one of our Owls with a letter in her beak. I smile, hoping that it's what I think it is. The owl drops the letter and I thank her with a treat. I pick up the envelope, running my finger over Hogwart's infamous red wax seal. My smile grows brighter as I open it, feeling something heavy and metal fall into my hand. I nearly scream from excitement as I flip over the metal badge and see "HEAD GIRL" engraved in it. I hear loud footsteps coming towards my room and see Blaise and my parents running in all worried.

"WHAT HAPPENED?"

"ARE YOU OKAY?"

"DID SOMEONE TRY TO TAKE YOU?" I laughed at the three of them and show them my badge. 

"I'm got head girl!!" They ran up and hugged me and congratulating me. 

"We knew you would get it, we're so proud of you darling!" My dad said, tears on the brim of his eyes. 

"Aww, don't cry, Dad."

"I'm just so proud of you sweetheart. We both are," gesturing towards him and my mom. 

"I'm proud too, little sis!" Blaise smiled at me and I hugged him. 

"Okay, okay. No more sad stuff, Blaise did you get your list of items you needed for school?" Mom asked. I read my letter in my head while he went to his room and opened his own letter. A metal prefect badge fell out and he beamed. We congratulated him and grabbed our lists of books and other magical items. I grabbed some floo powder and flooed to Draco and Dawn's mansion. I went upstairs to Dawn's room and she told me she received a prefect badge but it doesn't say which house she's a prefect for. I grabbed her letter, having not read my own, and read it aloud to her. 

"Welcome back to Hogwarts for your last year... blah, blah, blah... books, spells, magic, blah, blah... oh here we go. Congratulations on becoming a Prefect this year. You may have noticed that there is no house on the badge itself. That is because, due to your name and family change, we will be resorting you and some of your fellow housemates. Thank you for your cooperation, we cannot wait to see on September 1."

I looked at Dawn, both of us in disbelief. "Holy crap, we're getting resorted!!" I said, excitement rising in my chest. 

"I hope we get into Slytherin so we can be with everybody else!!" Dawn said. I nodded in agreement. 

"I wonder if anybody else is getting resorted with us. I doubt Blaise and everybody will but who knows. That would be crazy if they did, though." I replied back. 

"I doubt they will too but it'd be kinda crazy if they did." I nodded. I read through the letter a little more, looking to see if there was anything I missed. There wasn't, so I put her letter down and asked if she wanted to come back to my house and go to Diagon Alley to pick up our school items. She agreed and I went to Draco's room to ask him the same thing. Before I got to his door, I heard a girly squeal and when I opened his door I saw him, shirtless, holding a "HEAD BOY" badge. I ran over and hugged him, congratulating him on his accomplishment.