pt 1

first day out.
first day on the track.
in the blazing sun, the only thing that's getting between you and this race is how hard youre willing to go.

proving yourself in formula 1 isnt easy, let alone as the only female racer on the track.

running through the backstage area before your interview, you dont notice the guy in front of you.
you thump into him and he grabs you before you fall.

"woah there! whats the hurry?"

he was tall with golden skin, wearing a yellow renault jacket. it was daniel.

"oh my god im so sorry, i wasnt paying attention and-"

"its fine really, no biggie."
dan looked at your yellow renault jacket. "youre the new racer? y/n right?"

"uh, yeah. kinda surprising we haven't met before considering." you wave your hands around with all the yellow and renault insignia.

"no kidding huh."

"10 minutes until panel. 10 minutes." a man on the loudspeaker said.

"uh, wanna just talk until the panel?" you asked, unable to make eye contact with your own team member.

"i think i could live with that." daniel said with a wink.

a wink? your body heated up and you just nervously giggled.

"so, what kind of stuff do they normally ask on the panel?" you asked daniel.

"oh just kind of boring stuff, theyre really easy, dont stress about it." he smiled at you with that sparkle in his eye.

"its just my first panel yknow? i dont wanna mess it up or anything, i mean, what if people end up hating me or something."

"aw cmon y/n, how could someone not like you, with that smile, those eyes? theyll love you." he put a reassuring hand on yours just as a man on the loudspeaker said the panel was starting .

"okay, lets go out there i guess." you said as you stood up from the bench. daniel walked towards the curtain but you lingered.

he noticed and stopped to wait for you. "you alright?" he asked.

"yeah, yeah, just nervous yknow?" he walked over to you and tilted your head so his eyes met yours.

"youll be fine, ill be right beside you the whole time." he smiled and studied your face. his eyes stayed focused on your lips and you smiled just thinking about what he was imagining.

he let go of your face and held the curtain open for you. "shall we?"

word count- 407

hey yall this is a new story, well kinda. ive had this in the drafts for a hella long time and i think getting out all my ideas for this story will make it easier to write new fics for other fandoms too! vote and comment!!!
- your local canadian fanfic writer <33