The Netherworld

Season 2

"Cora's on her way now and that's a bigger issue."

SAMIS POV

With every passing day, it got harder to control my thoughts. I still never took off the ring that Peter gave me as a 'promise' but I guess those were just empty words. I don't know why I never took it off. I guess that if I took it off, a part of me would be ripped away. This was the only remaining thing I had left from Neverland. I wanted to forget so badly because anytime I had extra time to think my mind was crowded with thoughts of Peter or Neverland.

I would mumble to song Killian and Liam would sing to me when things got bad. I never forgot that song and I felt like it was one of the only things keeping me going.

I got up to go get some breakfast at Granny's with Henry. I still got strange looks from people walking down the street but I always returned the gesture snarkily. They were going to learn that if they don't treat me decently they weren't going to be here for much longer.

I opened the door to the diner making the bell chime as I did so. I walked over to the booth where Henry was sitting and I plopped down in the seat in front of him putting my elbows on the table.

"Hey Aur- Sam." Henry corrects himself.

"Hey kid. What are you gonna get to eat?" I ask him looking over the menu even though I've already remembered the entire thing.

"Probably pancakes." I decide that's what I'm going to get those as well. Ruby comes over to take our orders while bringing us hot coco. Henry always had cinnamon on top of his which I found very strange.

"You're weird." I laugh as I point to his whipped cream that had to powder sprinkled over it.

"Well at least I'm not a villain," Henry laughs and my face drops. I know he meant well but it still kind of hurt. "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that." He stumbles for words but I told him it's fine. I get it, it's gonna take a while for everyone to accept me but hopefully he will soon.

As we eat the warm breakfast we laugh about stupid things, reminding me of times me and Devin had. Henry reminded me of Devin a lot it was crazy. They walked and talked the same, even their laughs were similar.

"Let's go try and find everyone." I propose as we leave some money on the table and stand up to leave. Henry agrees as we walk for the door.

"Hey guys wait up." I hear someone call after us. I turn around and see Ruby running after us. "Can I come too? I'm done with my shift and I really need to get out." She laughs as she grabs her coat from the rack. We agree and make our way to town hall. 

When we arrive we hear some sort of noise coming from the inside and I could feel some powerful shit going on in there. We enter the building and find our way up the stairs and into one of the meeting halls where we find David pinned against the wall by branches. Regina had her hand at his chest about to rip out his heart.

"Mom?!" Henry yells as we enter into the room. Regina freezes in her place obviously mentally cursing herself. She puts her hand down and turns to face the three of us.

"Henry, what are you doing here?" Regina asks trying to look and sound innocent.

"What are you doing?" Henry says as Ruby has her hands on his shoulders trying to comfort him.

"It's ok" Regina advances closer to us. She has her magic back which wasn't good for anyone. "You're safe now." He's safer with me but ok.

David gasps as the branches release David and he collapses to the ground. Ruby rushes over to help him as I stand with Henry looking around at the scene.